It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 367, 368, 369, 370, 371, 372, 373 ... 493  Next

Sponsor

Sponsor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:38 pm 

Paul wrote:
A medal for Blair? No, he should be on trial for war crimes

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... l#comments

Quote:
Perhaps Mrs Thatcher should be up there along side him.
Click to rate Rating 7 - Anne, West Midlands, 08/1/2009 09:43

support my post please.

Jack Weems in positive rating shock!

Quote:
I agree with much of this article and many of the comments. However, what people need to realise is that our entire establishment, and particularly the foreign policy elite, are in thrall to the US, and this cuts across all the major political parties. The British government deliberately took up a subservient position to the United States decades ago in order to continue being a "big player" on the international stage. People are deluding themselves if they think the situation would have been different if that "nice David Cameron" had been in Downing Street. People need to wake up!

- Jack W, Southampton

The rating is +10!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:14 pm 

Paul wrote:
[size=18]A medal for Blair? No, he should be on trial for war crimes

Quote:
Perhaps Mrs Thatcher should be up there along side him.
Click to rate Rating 7 - Anne, West Midlands, 08/1/2009 09:43

support my post please.

Done. But it's now on -55. Bows and arrows against the lightning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:02 am 

AOB wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1109029/Having-ball-Gary-Lineker-hands-fianc-e-Danielle-Bux-Dubai.html#comments

Quote:
Does this man ever do any work.It's another slap in the face for licence tax payers 1.5 million a year for one day a week and can't even do that.It makes me sick to the teeth.
Click to rate Rating 12

- Titch west, hadleigh suffolk.uk, 8/1/2009

Perhaps the reason he's not working is because there's no fucking football for him to fucking cover. We just had an FA Cup weekend, which BBC don't have any rights for, meaning he had no show to present this weekend (nor in midweek, but that's usual).

These readers can get so painfully bitter. If I was a successful ex-footballer and TV presenter with a lingerie model fiancée and nearly two weeks between shows, then yeah, I might just fuck off to a beach for a bit instead of sitting around in the freezing cold worrying about lightbulbs. The ridiculous levels of mean-spiritedness are on display with this one:

Quote:
Oh wow, she's actually reading a book with lots of pages and proper long words! No wonder Lineker wants to record the moment for posterity.

Natalie, Bristol, 8/1/2009 11:09

Which awesomely gets a smackdown:

Quote:
Yes she is reading a book -I actually went to school with her & she is very bright! also a beautiful person inside & out!
They are a lovely down to earth couple & for those who dont know them how could you possible know their personalities????

Jo-Ann, Cardiff, 8/1/2009 13:25

Whereas this fucker goes all-out for Cunt Of The Day:

Quote:
Life's just one holiday after another..... What will happen when REAL life kicks in - such as he shared with his wife - child diagnosed with leukaemia etc - it's so, so shallow! And no, I don't envy them - there's a lot more to life than holidays nice though they are!

sylvia anderson, France, 8/1/2009 12:24

What the fuck is this? 'Oooh look at them enjoying themselves, I hope you know that it all might go to shit if you have another kid and he gets leukaemia, you rich bastard!'. Can anyone inform me of what her actual point is? Cos the answer is obviously 'Well, he'll probably be upset and try and deal with it, but in the absence of currently having any kids with life-threatening diseases and an engagement to someone he's clearly in love with he might have a bit a fucking holiday. Oh, it's 'shallow' to go on holiday, is it? Perhaps instead of going on a holiday they should adopt some orphans with AIDS and get a part-time job in a factory to experience the only true feeling in life; MISERY.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:43 am 

Says Sylvia in France, where a 35 hours work week is the norm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:21 am 

Quote:
Get a room!
Click to rate Rating +21

- sylvia ross, bradford england, 08/1/2009 16:53

...they have a room!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:29 pm 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1110027/Atheist-bus-adverts-claiming-Theres-probably-God-reported-watchdog.html#comments

Have you see the comments on this one? It's almost a full scale rebellion.

Last edited by office_tramp on Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:41 pm 

Quote:
What a pitiful, immature, pathetic and bigoted campaign. Everyone involved should really take a long hard look at themselves. These 'open-minded' leftists are the most close minded of the lot. I am not getting into equally petty tactics, but I am horrified that Christians can be vilified in such a way. Would you antagonise other groups such as single parents, asylum seekers or homosexuals with a bus slogan? No-that is seen as utterly unacceptable. The fact Richard Dawkins and Polly Toynebee are involved come as no surprise, people such as these should be hosed down before allowed to openly target members of the public in such a tasteless and offensive manner.
Click to rate Rating -112

- David, Glasgow, 8/1/2009 21:01

Where to begin? At least its -112!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:59 pm 

Yeah, the comments are generally pretty good there. Couple of idiots though:

Quote:
That priceless!!! Atheists aren't sure about anything. How can you say you believe there is no God, then publically declare "There is probably no God." Make up your minds. Obviously, they didn't become spineless by reading their Bibles!
Emmy, Washington, USA, 8/1/2009 21:15

Quote:
The use of the word "probably" indicates that there is some uncertainty. The atheists I have met spend a lot of time banging on about their disbelief in God. I assume that they have a hard task convincing themselves.
Frank Gardiner, Colchester Essex, 9/1/2009 11:30

The 'probably' was included largely for legal reasons:

Quote:
There's been an exciting level of debate about the campaign. Lots of you have asked why the word "probably" is included in the ad slogan, and stated that you'd prefer the wording to read "There's no God". While I fully understand this view, there's a vital reason for the "probably"'s inclusion: as with the Carlsberg ads, it's likely to get us around the advertising regulations (specifically points 3.1, 3.2, 5.1, 8.1, 9.1 and 11.1 in the general rules of the CAP Code, which regulates non-broadcast adverts in the UK). In my view, neither version of the slogan breaches the code, but CAP has advised that "the inclusion of the word 'probably' makes it less likely to cause offence, and therefore be in breach of the Advertising Code."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... ne-sherine

However, a lot of people support the inclusion of 'probably' on the grounds that since we can't prove the negative (that God definitely doesn't exist) without knowing literally everything about the universe and beyond it, it's reasonable to include the caveat that it's possible, even if it's massively unlikely and there's no evidence for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:12 pm 

What do you mean there's no evidence for it? It says so in the Bible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:28 pm 

I'd consider starting a fund to have the slogan "There Probably Is No Richard Dawkins" painted on the side of a Nissan Micra if it wasn't for the fact that it'd probably get jumped on by people thinking I was making some kind of serious point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:06 pm 

It is a shame that such a worthwhile and eminently agreeable cause is spearheaded by a tosser of the first degree

Some of what the right has to say probably makes sense, but it's devalued when cocks like Littlejohn, Dacre and their ilk spout off and devalue it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:57 pm 

Tory activist expelled from party after dressing as Madeleine McCann for New Year's bash

Among the comments we find:

Quote:
They should be banned!

- Doreen, Dorset

But what it is that Doreen thinks should be banned we are not told. Young girl outfits? Tory activists? Fancy dress parties? It shall have to remain a mystery.

But six people agree with the banning, whatever it may be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:12 pm 

Quote:
How terribly sad. Poor Madeleine and Baby P to now be the butt of peoples fancy dress "fun and laughs"

- Rose, St Albans, 9/1/2009 17:28

Gu-uh!!?? Who mentioned Baby P FFS!

Surely all they need is one comment saying "brainless idiot", reading through 40 of the damn things is incredibly tedious.

BTW, some need voting up about the Tories being a nasty party, just to spite Middle England.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:11 pm 

I've been doing exactly that (marking up the scores for the 'Nasty Party' comments). I've also submitted my own comment - no sign of it yet though.

http://bigdaddymerk.co.uk/mailwatch/for ... &start=135

(This story discussed in 'Stories you may not find in the Mail')

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:48 am 

Stolen by the Nazis: The tragic tale of 12,000 blue-eyed blond children taken by the SS to create an Aryan super-race

I really didn't expect my comment to make it, at least without being altered. But no, in there, bold as brass...

Quote:
Yet another act of unspeakable evil by this vile regime. And to think back before the war, some people in this country actually supported them!

- M. T. Hatcher, Canley, West Midlands, 10/1/2009 1:27

Ha!

Quote:
Fast forward 70 years and welcome to a very similar situation all over again, except this time we have been sold that genetics offers magical cures the scooping of cells is carried out at an earlier stage of development.

- max, Bordeaux France, 10/1/2009 6:30

In the red that one, by 29

Quote:
THIS STORY MADE ME WEEP, WHY HAS THIS BEEN HIDDEN FOR SO LONG, SUFFER THE LITTLE CHILDREN, THATS GONE ON FOR CENTENIES, WHY IS IT THAT CHILDREN NEVER HAVE A VOICE

- glenda, AUSTRALIA, 10/1/2009 9:14

THIS STORY MADE ME SO UPSET I HAVE TO SHOUT HOW UPSET I AM

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 367, 368, 369, 370, 371, 372, 373 ... 493  Next