It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:30 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 26  Next

Re: Samantha Brick, teaser of prick

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:13 pm 
Lord of Flangebury-Under-Scythe

Let's not play the DM's game here...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:49 pm 

Location: Back in Blighty where the feckin' internet works...
Quite. We don't even know how much of that she wrote and how much is subbed. The Liz Jones story isn't a coincidence, or the product of some arcane rivalry, either.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:57 pm 

Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Quite. We don't even know how much of that she wrote and how much is subbed. The Liz Jones story isn't a coincidence, or the product of some arcane rivalry, either.

I was thinking the same and expecting it to come across that way in the interview on the Independent.
I was disappointed, she doesn't come across as somebody who has been stitched up
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/press/exclusive-samantha-brick-says-it-was-never-my-intention-to-brag-in-daily-mail-beauty-article-that-caused-twitter-storm-7619053.html

And as for referring to Jan Moir's hateful bile on Stephen Gately as a "situation" :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:05 pm 

Really milking it now. Here you can hear it straight from the er....horses' mouth.....

Quote:
Do I think I’m good looking? Yes I do. Is that a crime? 'I'm so beautiful' Samantha Brick defends herself against vitriolic internet storm on This Morning

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... z1rAtO4ojr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:17 pm 

Lenny wrote:
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:

I was thinking the same and expecting it to come across that way in the interview on the Independent.
I was disappointed, she doesn't come across as somebody who has been stitched up
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/press/exclusive-samantha-brick-says-it-was-never-my-intention-to-brag-in-daily-mail-beauty-article-that-caused-twitter-storm-7619053.html

And as for referring to Jan Moir's hateful bile on Stephen Gately as a "situation" :roll:

Think this is the most significant quote from that article

Quote:
My background is in television, in reality shows, so I’ve always known that it’s all about the story. So I apply those principles to my own work.

In case their was any doubt that this woman knows exactly what she's doing
Still, I'm finding the way this entire thing is developing fascinating. Really seems as if the Mail is jumping the shark here. Given the runaway success of this article, we can certainly expect more of it in the future.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:13 pm 

Bloody hell, 2176 comments now. Gawd forbid that Mailites save their formidable intellect for anything of, y'know, importance.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:00 pm 

See Conspiracy Theories, examples of.

A good day to bury the bad news?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:17 pm 

This does show why they disliked istyosty so much.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:23 pm 

Exactly. Hits make prizes.

But there may also be a further motive, that of distracting Twitter/TV news from the substantive issues which are floating around at the moment. I think there really could be that degree of political collusion.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:25 pm 

Matt wrote:
This does show why they disliked istyosty so much.

That really needs starting up again on a Russian server.

Last edited by Carlos The Badger on Thu Feb 31, 2021 18:60 am, edited 666 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:54 pm 
Lord of Flangebury-Under-Scythe

Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Exactly. Hits make prizes.

But there may also be a further motive, that of distracting Twitter/TV news from the substantive issues which are floating around at the moment. I think there really could be that degree of political collusion.

Like when Cameron told an inaccurate story about a pastie and we all talked about that rather than taking bribes to change legislation? Could be...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:23 pm 

I'm not convinced it's political, I think it's more a case of the Mail trying to churn out a shed load of articles at at time when many regular columnists are taking a couple weeks holiday over Easter. There seems to be an awful lot of filler on their website at the moment.

Last edited by satnav on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:32 am 

Fair play, she's now became a meme. Though please don't ask what that means...

#rightwingpoliticalcorrectness - for when some "Tell it like it is" bullshitter plays the political correctness card, often without irony!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:08 am 

Nina Myskow this morning nailed it as an effort to launch a major new columnist, probably taking over from ol' Jizzer. Cue first column with "The woman everyone's talking about" strapline in a week or so.

She apparently has form for these articles - how it's awful being the only Brit in a French village etc.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:47 pm 

Malcolm Armsteen wrote:

There's only one way to sort this out. - Who's got gravy?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 26  Next