It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

The sad faces of wronged Express readers, aka The Crusader

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:00 pm 

There aren't quite as many in the Express as in the Mail, or more to the point I can't be bothered to navigate their awful website. This headline looked promising though, and it delivered.

SLEEPLESS NIGHTS OVER BROKEN BED NIGHTMARE

Hideous curtains, by the way.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:15 am 

British heritage 'being overlooked' as St George's Day concert is cancelled
PATRIOTIC residents living in Britain's second city feel British heritage is being ignored - after they were told their St George's Day plans cannot go ahead next year

Read more: http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/601818 ... phony-Hall

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:32 am 

There's a documentary on every other day about the Blitz on Yesterday or something. And I bet she watches them all, we were happy back in those days.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:36 pm 
SHSL Mailwatcher

Actual story:
Quote:
Symphony Hall bosses were quick to point out they had not intentionally barred the St George's Day Association from the venue - the City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra had simply got in first and booked the slot - a fact a hall spokesman claims the association was told two years ago.

Right, so it was just someone else booked the day two years ago. Not overlooking British heritage. (though I'm not sure the Scottish, Welsh or Irish would consider a St George's Day concert as celebrating 'British' heritage...)
Quote:
Over the last three years we have been operating at a loss, which we have swallowed with funds accrued over the previous 10 years.

"Unfortunately, although the quality of concerts has not dropped, our ticket sales have dwindled and we are now averaging between 800 and 900 attendees. We could probably stand one more loss from our accrued funds.

"While not wishing any of the minority groups in Birmingham any ill will, I do feel the last ones who should lose sponsorship should be our organisation."

And the whole thing is making a loss, fewer people are interested, but they still want the council to cough up.
Quote:
The town hall was offered as an alternative venue, more suitable to the scale of the performance, but was unfortunately declined.

Toys out of the pram moment, I'm sure...

But holy Christ, the racism in the comments...
Quote:
GerryGable6 hours ago
The establishment promote mongrelisation so are not interested in Britishness as this is white.

Quote:
Cleopatra8 hours ago
Some, Most, All our councils have ,or are ,run ,by our uninvited guests. There is your answer.

Quote:
James Trew4 hours ago
Sorry to correct you Francock, but Birmingham council is run by Muslims, non- English, do-gooders, and left wing shirtlifters!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:39 pm 
SHSL Mailwatcher

Incidentally, in the comments, someone links to this petition
Quote:
Stop all benefits to illegal immigrants completely.

The Government must act now and stop any form of benefit to all illegal immigrants, there should be no free benefit to those whom illegally enter the UK.

Segregation and deportation
for all the illegal immigrants and a life time ban to anyone entering the United Kingdom illegally.

REALLY not sure they understand what an illegal immigrant is...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:50 pm 

Almost up there with my all time favourite Facebook Group "Make illegal immigration illegal"

Not sure if it was set up seriously but the members were definitely serious

Things can only get better.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:42 am 

What the fuck is it with these people and commas?

"I proved that you're wrong. And if you're wrong, I'm right." - Aaron Eckhart.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:18 am 

Esqui wrote:
Actual story:
Quote:
Symphony Hall bosses were quick to point out they had not intentionally barred the St George's Day Association from the venue - the City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra had simply got in first and booked the slot - a fact a hall spokesman claims the association was told two years ago.

Right, so it was just someone else booked the day two years ago. Not overlooking British heritage. (though I'm not sure the Scottish, Welsh or Irish would consider a St George's Day concert as celebrating 'British' heritage...)
Quote:
Over the last three years we have been operating at a loss, which we have swallowed with funds accrued over the previous 10 years.

"Unfortunately, although the quality of concerts has not dropped, our ticket sales have dwindled and we are now averaging between 800 and 900 attendees. We could probably stand one more loss from our accrued funds.

"While not wishing any of the minority groups in Birmingham any ill will, I do feel the last ones who should lose sponsorship should be our organisation."

And the whole thing is making a loss, fewer people are interested, but they still want the council to cough up.
Quote:
The town hall was offered as an alternative venue, more suitable to the scale of the performance, but was unfortunately declined.

Toys out of the pram moment, I'm sure...

But holy Christ, the racism in the comments...
Quote:
GerryGable6 hours ago
The establishment promote mongrelisation so are not interested in Britishness as this is white.

Quote:
Cleopatra8 hours ago
Some, Most, All our councils have ,or are ,run ,by our uninvited guests. There is your answer.

Quote:
James Trew4 hours ago
Sorry to correct you Francock, but Birmingham council is run by Muslims, non- English, do-gooders, and left wing shirtlifters!

That long standing alliance between the muslim fundamentalists and the left wing shirtlifters.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:19 am 

Andy McDandy wrote:
What the fuck is it with these people and commas?

They want them to fuck off back to Commastan and take their punctuation based corner shops with them (or something).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:10 am 

A bit like the long-standing alliance between Jewish capitalists and Jewish communists. As espoused by someone in the thirties. Something something Hitler?

"I proved that you're wrong. And if you're wrong, I'm right." - Aaron Eckhart.