It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:24 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Re: The 'Lefty' BBC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Post subject: Re: The 'Lefty' BBC
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:03 pm 

My bus to work has a conductor on it....

http://www.goftr.com/swansea/home.php

These things, which if rumours are to be believed were a cheap alternative to bringing in Trams it even has it's own little section of road just outside Swansea as it goes out to the stadium.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:10 pm 

Location: That fancy London, with it's book learning. Sadly not being anywhere else..
bluebellnutter wrote:
If we all en masse complained about it do you think anything would happen?

Given the majority of comments online about have bern ripping it a new arshole from the moment the opening crefits began, I think its fate is sealed already. At least I hope so.

First the get rid of Vic and Bob, then this. It's a sorry state of affairs, but hey - a cheap one.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:10 pm 

This, if I've understood it, is astonishing.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/no ... -dale-farm

Quote:
Basildon council lodged a series of complaints claiming the broadcast was inaccurate, misleading and biased in favour of the Travellers.

The council took issue with an interview with a Traveller who said members of the community were being "thrown out on the road with nowhere to go", and that Travellers could not get planning permission to develop the site "because they were treated differently to other people".

The council said it had in fact offered housing to homeless Traveller families, which had been turned down, and that nobody could get planning permission because it was a blanket rule not to allow development on designated green belt land where the camp had been set up.

Christ, you want to see what politicians get away with saying.

Was this housing still available when they were kicked out? And the Council new very well it would be refused. They didn't offer an alternative camp site, did they? Even though that would have been a lot cheaper than offering housing.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:45 pm 

Messianic Trees wrote:
Jeebus! I just caught a few seconds of That's Britain (all I could stand, as it just seemed to be regurgitating a lot of patently bullshit stories from the Mail). A programme so bad, it's trending on Twitter. Some of the comments are priceless.

I recorded it so I could delete it later (now done). A sort of down-market Watchdog, wasn't it?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:49 pm 

From the sound of it, that sounds very unfair on Watchdog.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:40 am 

I have to say there's nothing "lefty" about the BBC's coverage ahead of the public sector strike. I hesitate to call it anti-strike for fear of falling to the same level as Mailites with their bleats of left BBC bias but..... When I've watched some of it I can easily imagine what a Government run tv channel would report and how they would go about it ahead of the strike. I can easily imagine it when watching the BBC coverage because that's what it's like. No shortage of propaganda.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:51 pm 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15901447
Quote:
An improved offer on public sector pensions could be withdrawn if an agreement is not reached, unions have been warned by the government.

Chief Secretary to the Treasury Danny Alexander, in the Guardian, also urged union leaders to persuade their members to accept the "generous" offer tabled.

You'd think this was about a pay rise, not a cut in pay to subsidise "gold-plated" pensions that I'm sure will be less than under the present system.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:43 pm 

Currently, BBC London doing a report on expensive parking charges quoting "campaigners". TV programme on the subject too.

Yep, those poor drivers in Barnet.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:54 am 

I have a swish iplayer on my TV, and as I scanned through looking for stuff to watch, I came across That's Britain.

I lasted about 3 minutes. They had some wordcloud thing on the wall. The thing that was annoying people most was "wind turbines". I'd have put unemployment up there. Apparently you're not allowed to complain about "politics". So no politics in "speed bumps" or "petrol prices" or anything like that.

Julia Bradbury, what the hell were you thinking of?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:25 pm 

Location: That fancy London, with it's book learning. Sadly not being anywhere else..
What was one-time comic hero Ade Edmundson thinking of more to the point.

There is something coming up on one this week called Up In Flames: Mr Reeves And The Riots, where the owner of a 144 year old family shop that burned down in the riots, meets other people affected by the riots.

And of course, he'll apparently be "taking a stand" against MP's (why?) and supposedly against "mindless violence" as well (again, what?).

Given the obviously anti-protest tone this show will take -and the age and tradition of the lost Reeves's family shop which will no doubt skew oppinion nicely- I wouldn't call this an especialy lefty concept. But let's see what the Mail makes of it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:33 pm 

shyamz wrote:
What was one-time comic hero Ade Edmundson thinking of more to the point.

There is something coming up on one this week called Up In Flames: Mr Reeves And The Riots, where the owner of a 144 year old family shop that burned down in the riots, meets other people affected by the riots.

And of course, he'll apparently be "taking a stand" against MP's (why?) and supposedly against "mindless violence" as well (again, what?).

Given the obviously anti-protest tone this show will take -and the age and tradition of the lost Reeves's family shop which will no doubt skew oppinion nicely- I wouldn't call this an especialy lefty concept. But let's see what the Mail makes of it.

Given the title I thought you were going to say it was going to be hosted by Vic Reeves!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:39 pm 

To be honest, he's the first person I think of whenever I see that name as well. :D

And with no more Vic and Bob on the BBC we could do with a new vehicle for them.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:10 pm 

Oh for fuck's sake. Robert Peston's talking about Greece, and their "bloated" public sector.

No mention of nobody paying any tax.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... age_of_GDP

Greece tax as percentage of GDP: 29.4%
That massive public sector!

And Britain apparently "buckling under its debt". We're paying less for government debt than we did under John Major.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:45 pm 

This is virtually Chris Morris stuff. Anyone else watching?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:16 am 

From Nobody Likes A Tory's Facebook
Quote:
Dear BBC

Why is it that your 10 o'clock news bulletin failed to mention Vince Cable's damning, albeit leaked, letter to the Prime Minister?

Nor was there any mention of the government's £9.3m "grant" to Nissan from the Regional Growth Fund in exchange for 400 jobs in Sunderland (and the 1,600 jobs that are "expected" to be created in the supply chain).

I'm surprised these points slipped your editorial mind as they have both featured prominently on your website today.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next