It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

Awards Time Again... and NOW they really are taking the piss

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:42 pm
Posts: 3335
Location: Incredible Bongo Bongo Band Land
Awards for Mail's Good Health team as trio pick up prestigious prizes

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/article ... z1qynO9gtg

_________________
I'd rather shoot Paul Dacre than anyone else in the country- Colin Dexter. A direct quote from the Radio Times m'learned friends


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:23 pm
Posts: 10001
Location: ...THEY'VE WON.
Quote:
Sorry we are unable to accept comments for legal reasons.



Legal reasons? An article about awards?

Didn't someone here give a link to an award the Mail won that was presented for the most inaccurate report of a medical issue?

_________________
The lunatic is in the hall.
The lunatics are in my hall.
The paper holds their folded faces to the floor
And every day the paper boy brings more.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:07 am
Posts: 6315
Location: chesterfield
The Daily Express team must be gutted!

_________________
http://tiny.cc/tqugax


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 5:43 pm
Posts: 4323
Location: 'An English seaport town, principally remarkable for mud, Jews and sailors' – Dickens
SoulBoy wrote:
Awards for Mail's Good Health team as trio pick up prestigious prizes

You'll be shocked to learn that the chairman of the awarding body, the Guild of Health Writers, works for the Daily Mail. The vice chair works for the Mail's favourite source of press releases, Weight Watchers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:49 pm
Posts: 10772
Location: Durham
ezinra wrote:
SoulBoy wrote:
Awards for Mail's Good Health team as trio pick up prestigious prizes

You'll be shocked to learn that the chairman of the awarding body, the Guild of Health Writers, works for the Daily Mail. The vice chair works for the Mail's favourite source of press releases, Weight Watchers.

I read somewhere that awards cause cancer.

Or was it cure?

_________________
That subtle admixture of the absurd and the surreally plausible...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:14 pm
Posts: 3168
Presumably the Lancet and the British Medical Journal came in second and third?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:42 pm
Posts: 3335
Location: Incredible Bongo Bongo Band Land
Daley Mayle wrote:
Quote:
Sorry we are unable to accept comments for legal reasons.



Legal reasons? An article about awards?

Didn't someone here give a link to an award the Mail won that was presented for the most inaccurate report of a medical issue?


If memory serves wasn't that something about just one spliff can turn you Mad Mel insane?

EDIT - here it is http://deevybee.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/ ... c.html?m=1

_________________
I'd rather shoot Paul Dacre than anyone else in the country- Colin Dexter. A direct quote from the Radio Times m'learned friends


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 5:43 pm
Posts: 4323
Location: 'An English seaport town, principally remarkable for mud, Jews and sailors' – Dickens
Latest from the award-winning Lucy Elkins:

Never mind booze – you can get killer liver disease from biscuits

'Biscuits' here actually meaning 'obesity'.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 427
SoulBoy wrote:
Daley Mayle wrote:
Quote:
Sorry we are unable to accept comments for legal reasons.



Legal reasons? An article about awards?

Didn't someone here give a link to an award the Mail won that was presented for the most inaccurate report of a medical issue?


If memory serves wasn't that something about just one spliff can turn you Mad Mel insane?

EDIT - here it is http://deevybee.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/ ... c.html?m=1


And with imeccable timing, today they've (almost) accepted their headline was bollocks:

Quote:
A report on research by the University of Bristol on 26 October was headlined 'One cannabis joint "can bring on schizophrenia".' We are happy to clarify that, as the article explained, the research on rats found that the active ingredient in cannabis could induce symptoms similar to schizophrenia, rather than schizophrenia itself.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 427
ezinra wrote:
SoulBoy wrote:
Awards for Mail's Good Health team as trio pick up prestigious prizes

You'll be shocked to learn that the chairman of the awarding body, the Guild of Health Writers, works for the Daily Mail. The vice chair works for the Mail's favourite source of press releases, Weight Watchers.


Also on the judging panel for the awards was Justine Hancock - Good Health Editor of the Daily Mail.

And who won the award for Best Health Editor?

Justine Hancock :shock:

http://www.healthwriters.com/events/review.php?id=149


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Fatal: ./cache/ is NOT writable.