It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Stuck on repeat

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Author Message
 Post subject: Stuck on repeat
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 5:43 pm
Posts: 4323
Location: 'An English seaport town, principally remarkable for mud, Jews and sailors' – Dickens
Today's headline:
Sacre bleu! Traditional French baguette is now available from vending machines

Three weeks ago:
Sacre bleu! French language hardliners win £8,000 payout after Air Canada staff speak to them in English

Earlier this year:
Sacre bleu! British steam ahead of French in the kitchen

Sacré bleu! French to force children to learn English from the age of THREE, if President Sarkozy gets his way

Sacre Bleu! Banned Anelka admits he is glad not to be playing for France

Sacre bleu! Have I really discovered my past lives?

Last year:
Sacre Bleu! France have no great players anymore, admits boss Laurent Blanc

Sacre bleu! London is a more attractive city to visitors than Paris... according to a FRENCH tourist guide

Sacrebleu! French presidential candidate Ségolène Royal's plush Parisian pad is burgle … for the third time in four years!

Sacre bleu-tox! Amid rumours of an affair with a young lover, has Carla Bruni had a little help keeping up appearances?

Sacre bleu! English clubs face Heineken Cup wipeout

Sacre bleu! Makfi's tour de force provides a 33-1 stunner in 2,000 Guineas

Sacre bleu! Tara Reid attends event in Paris looking a bedraggled mess

Sacre Bleu! Andy Murray films cringeworthy karaoke for French TV

Sacre bleu! France to raise retirement age to 62 after Sarkozy wins his Waterloo

Sacre bleu! French government demands prosecution of a man photographed wiping his bottom on the national flag

Sacré bleu! French are losing art of home cooking, says top restaurant boss Alain Ducasse

And that's just in the last 19 months.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stuck on repeat
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:59 pm
Posts: 3689
Location: N Wales Compound, EUKSSR
ezinra wrote:
Today's headline:
Sacre bleu! Traditional French baguette is now available from vending machines

Three weeks ago:
Sacre bleu! French language hardliners win £8,000 payout after Air Canada staff speak to them in English

Earlier this year:
Sacre bleu! British steam ahead of French in the kitchen

Sacré bleu! French to force children to learn English from the age of THREE, if President Sarkozy gets his way

Sacre Bleu! Banned Anelka admits he is glad not to be playing for France

Sacre bleu! Have I really discovered my past lives?

Last year:
Sacre Bleu! France have no great players anymore, admits boss Laurent Blanc

Sacre bleu! London is a more attractive city to visitors than Paris... according to a FRENCH tourist guide

Sacrebleu! French presidential candidate Ségolène Royal's plush Parisian pad is burgle … for the third time in four years!

Sacre bleu-tox! Amid rumours of an affair with a young lover, has Carla Bruni had a little help keeping up appearances?

Sacre bleu! English clubs face Heineken Cup wipeout

Sacre bleu! Makfi's tour de force provides a 33-1 stunner in 2,000 Guineas

Sacre bleu! Tara Reid attends event in Paris looking a bedraggled mess

Sacre Bleu! Andy Murray films cringeworthy karaoke for French TV

Sacre bleu! France to raise retirement age to 62 after Sarkozy wins his Waterloo

Sacre bleu! French government demands prosecution of a man photographed wiping his bottom on the national flag

Sacré bleu! French are losing art of home cooking, says top restaurant boss Alain Ducasse

And that's just in the last 19 months.


I think you may have discovered our newest comment meme (until they ban it, like 'scotch egg')

_________________
Soppy anti-British, pro-crime, anti-education, pro-immigration, anti-family nonentity


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stuck on repeat
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:14 pm
Posts: 3168
Let's see if we can get it on the blocked list by the end of the week. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stuck on repeat
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:49 pm
Posts: 10772
Location: Durham
ezinra wrote:


But they're not even new, I'm sure that I first saw one in the mid 90s. It was at a service area near Nantes on the E3 IIRC.

Good idea about the comment meme Timbo, I wonder if I could get away with it as my name?

_________________
That subtle admixture of the absurd and the surreally plausible...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stuck on repeat
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 5:43 pm
Posts: 4323
Location: 'An English seaport town, principally remarkable for mud, Jews and sailors' – Dickens
oboogie wrote:
But they're not even new, I'm sure that I first saw one in the mid 90s. It was at a service area near Nantes on the E3 IIRC.

You realise you're suggesting the Mail isn't at the cutting edge of journalism here? Dangerous ground.

Quote:
Good idea about the comment meme Timbo, I wonder if I could get away with it as my name?

Or how about using 'sacré' followed by a different colour or word? Sacré pink, sacré barely-there, sacré modesty?

'Sacre' is one key away from 'Dacre'. Sacré dacré?

ETA: I'm in!

Quote:
Sacré woof! If only more celebrities would take Mollie's lead (geddit?) and walk their dogs, there'd be no room on the pavement for the stone-throwing yobs. Saturdays, Britain needs YOU!

- N Field, Aflame, 09/8/2011 16:25 Rating 1

Quote:
Sacré advertorial!

- Brent Wood, Essex, 09/8/2011 16:46 Rating (0)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stuck on repeat
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:00 am
Posts: 12976
Location: Sunny Sussex
Quote:
Now we've mastered the phrase "Sacre bleu", let's move on. Oeuf de l'Ecosse. Oeuf de l'Ecosse

- Alfred, UK, 09/8/2011 16:18
Click to rate Rating 1

_________________
In its majestic equality, the law forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, beg in the streets, and steal loaves of bread.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stuck on repeat
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 11:46 pm
Posts: 36168
Location: Sunny Surrey where the vines sit smugly in the sunshine.
Merde alors!

_________________
To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty. Lao Tzu



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stuck on repeat
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:31 pm
Posts: 6208
Location: Arslikan EU
Image

" where are the white women at" ?

_________________
" The fate of the Country depends on me. As long as I am Leader, I shall think only of victory " Nigel Farage 2015.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stuck on repeat
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:49 pm
Posts: 10772
Location: Durham
Paul wrote:
Image

" where are the white women at" ?


My what a whopper that Frenchman has!!

_________________
That subtle admixture of the absurd and the surreally plausible...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stuck on repeat
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:31 am
Posts: 3754
Paul wrote:
Image

" where are the white women at" ?


Right behind you mate..

_________________
Fracking will incur imprisonment.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stuck on repeat
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 5:43 pm
Posts: 4323
Location: 'An English seaport town, principally remarkable for mud, Jews and sailors' – Dickens
Quote:
@Wally Toynbee Sacré Bleu! Pourquoi est-il que vous avez à me poser, vous méchant homme. Il est évident pourquoi les commentateurs préfèrent l'anglais au français, c'est parce que la France Belle est supérieur en tous points à l'rosbifs. J'espère que mon aide anglo-saxonne cousine.

- Mme. Toynbee de Wally, Persécuteur des Gauchers sur le site Failwatch, 10/8/2011 00:35 Rating 3

Bien joué(e) !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stuck on repeat
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:49 pm
Posts: 10772
Location: Durham
Shame the French is so appalling. :oops: :oops:

It was late, I was tired and emotional.

_________________
That subtle admixture of the absurd and the surreally plausible...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stuck on repeat
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:07 am
Posts: 16509
Location: Brigadoon
Is that the Yes Minister version of tired and emotional?

_________________
"They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say...let 'em crash."
- "Counter Point", Airplane! (1980)

Things can only get better.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stuck on repeat
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:49 pm
Posts: 10772
Location: Durham
You got it! :D

_________________
That subtle admixture of the absurd and the surreally plausible...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stuck on repeat
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 5:43 pm
Posts: 4323
Location: 'An English seaport town, principally remarkable for mud, Jews and sailors' – Dickens
oboogie wrote:
Shame the French is so appalling. :oops: :oops:

It was late, I was tired and emotional.

It's a bit harsh to accuse Wally of persecuting left-handed people, but I get the gist!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Fatal: ./cache/ is NOT writable.