It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: The man in the pub...

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:49 pm 

Man (mid to late 30's) at next window in the Post Office trying to open an account (this conversation had been going on a while before I shuffled up)

PO lady: You can use a bank card as ID, do you have one?

Man: No that's why I want an account here

PO lady: have you got a bill or something with your name and address on?

Man: No I live with me mam so they've all got her name on. (pauses) can I bring a note from me mam saying I live with her?

PO lady: Er no, are you sure you haven't got something official with your name and address on?

Man: No nothing (pauses again) What about the letter with me court date on?

I had to leave at this point so I missed the denouement I hope he go his bank account but I also hope he's not responsible for any small children or animals.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:51 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fantastic!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:08 pm 

I have only just got round to recording comments I receive from a chap I car share with...OK its my own fault but have you seen the price of petrol!

Theres been so many but heres some of the latest offerings:-

re a recent trial where a sister killed her brother because she thought he was practicing witchcraft
"if the white man had'nt invaded South Africa, they'd still be living in mud huts"

re the horrors of the Holocaust
"They should have obliaterated Germany from the face of the earth"
"The trouble is there's no one left to blame"

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:27 pm 

Squeaker wrote:
Man (mid to late 30's) at next window in the Post Office trying to open an account (this conversation had been going on a while before I shuffled up)

PO lady: You can use a bank card as ID, do you have one?

Man: No that's why I want an account here

PO lady: have you got a bill or something with your name and address on?

Man: No I live with me mam so they've all got her name on. (pauses) can I bring a note from me mam saying I live with her?

PO lady: Er no, are you sure you haven't got something official with your name and address on?

Man: No nothing (pauses again) What about the letter with me court date on?

I had to leave at this point so I missed the denouement I hope he go his bank account but I also hope he's not responsible for any small children or animals.

I had virtually the same conversation quite often in the library I worked in worked in before this one. One bloke gave me as id his prison day release card. As it gets more difficult financially for people to move out of the parental home this sort of thing will happen more often.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2