It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Re: House fire in Derby

Sponsor

Sponsor

Post subject: Re: House fire in Derby
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:56 am 
Lord of Flangebury-Under-Scythe

Can you imagine being the kind of person that reads of the deaths of children and thinks "let's spice that up. Get some dirt on the father, sexy dirt. We're in the money with this one"?

report what happened, it's news. Report on the investigation, it's news. When they find the culprit report that, it's news. Apart from that shut the fuck up. And think for a second before you demonise people.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:59 am 

I've just looked at some of the other articles that Tom has produced for the Mail and I think it's fair to say that if shit pedaling was an Olympic sport he's be guaranteed a gold medal.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:55 pm 

satnav wrote:
I've just looked at some of the other articles that Tom has produced for the Mail and I think it's fair to say that if shit pedaling was an Olympic sport he's be guaranteed a gold medal.

indeed. the mark spitz of cuntery.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:09 pm 

Hmmm. Police have now charged Mick Philpott and his missus with murder.

Suppose it'll be sub judice, so no cunty comments.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:18 pm 

Abernathy wrote:

Have they been charged now? I though they had just been arrested and questioned.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:20 pm 

Location: Sunny Surrey where the vines sit smugly in the sunshine.
That's staggering.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:25 pm 

jlewis89 wrote:
Abernathy wrote:

Have they been charged now? I though they had just been arrested and questioned.

My mistake, sorry. The report says arrested on suspicion of murder and being questioned - no charges yet.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:43 pm 

Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
That's staggering.

Not really, Dad was a fireman, the number of people who think an easy way to get rehoused was a bit of arson is staggering. We constantly underestimate the danger of fire.

Soon, if we are not prudent, millions of people will be watching each other starve to death through expensive television sets. Nye Bevan

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:52 pm 

They've been charged.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/may/3 ... ged-murder

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:59 pm 

Location: Sunny Surrey where the vines sit smugly in the sunshine.
I'm still staggered.
If they are guilty I can only assume that this is some scheme that went horribly wrong. Surely no man or woman not suffering from extreme distress would kill so many children, their own children, in this way?

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:00 pm 

Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
If they are guilty I can only assume that this is some scheme that went horribly wrong. Surely no man or woman not suffering from extreme distress would kill so many children, their own children, in this way?

If they are guilty, I do hope it was something like that and not them being totally evil.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:51 am 
My guess is we have no real idea what happened yet, courtesy of the British media, perhaps we should wait....

That said, for me personally, I have no problems thinking that humans will sink to the lowest level possible..... They do, every day, even when it is not sensationally reported.... :cough: Syria :cough:

That said, I no longer necessarily trust people making accusations either. (I no longer trust people generally)....

In this case.... innocent until proven guilty... due process and all of that...

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:23 am 

storygirl wrote:
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
That's staggering.

Not really, Dad was a fireman, the number of people who think an easy way to get rehoused was a bit of arson is staggering. We constantly underestimate the danger of fire.

Quote:
The Crown Prosecution Service said: ‘The evidence was reviewed by a Crown Advocate from the CPS East Midlands Complex Casework Unit, who decided that there was sufficient evidence to charge and that it is in the public interest for a prosecution to take place.’

It wouldn't normally say that if it involved multiple murder charges.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:41 am 

Arnold wrote:
storygirl wrote:
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
That's staggering.

Quote:
The Crown Prosecution Service said: ‘The evidence was reviewed by a Crown Advocate from the CPS East Midlands Complex Casework Unit, who decided that there was sufficient evidence to charge and that it is in the public interest for a prosecution to take place.’

It wouldn't normally say that if it involved multiple murder charges.

Dad went to a fire once where the parents thought cos they started it in the kitchen the children would be safe upstairs. I couldn't count the number of times he got called out to fires where all the furniture had mysteriously disappeared from the house, in one instance it was all piled up in the back yard. People are seriously unaware of the dangers.

In the reporting on the Derby case before the arrests it was mentioned that the family had been trying to get rehoused, and been refused.

Soon, if we are not prudent, millions of people will be watching each other starve to death through expensive television sets. Nye Bevan

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3