It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Julie Burchill

Sponsor

Sponsor

Post subject: Julie Burchill
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:57 am 

Just what the Mail needs another middle aged, middle class bitch.

Don't insult us fatties, Joanna. We may die young - but at least we'll die happy

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... z2CFS4ZDv1

I can't say I've ever heard anybody use the word 'happy' to describe Burchill.

Post subject: Re: Julie Burchill
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:03 am 

I suppose it was just a matter of time before Burchill turned up writing for Dacre.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:06 am 

Turned up again, you mean - she used to write for the Mail (or poss. Mail on Sunday) ages ago. For some reason, I remember a shitty advert trumpeting the fact that the paper had both her and John Junor writing for it as meaning they had all sides of a debate. As opposed to what it actually was - a truly awful, self-interested and idiotic harpy with a voice that could shatter lead, and a mildly upmarket version of Littlejohn with fewer catchphrases.

EDIT: unless that was pre-Dacre, in which case *IGNORE*

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:12 am 

When I did a quick search she seems to have done about 8 articles in the last few years, she probably another one of those 'squeezed middle class journalists' who are forced to prostitute themselves to Dacre to help make ends meet.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:10 am 
Lord of Flangebury-Under-Scythe

Isn't she on the side of the working class in their never-ending battle with the metropolitan elite chattering classes (of which she is not a member), like our friend Brendan O'Niell?

Tedious beyond belief.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:08 pm 

Burchill is basically the living embodiment of the girl in the Pulp song "Common People". She thinks she's one of them and wants to be seen as one of them because she thinks that makes her cool, but she isn't remotely one of them.

Also, I hear a long, lingering, early death from heart disease is a laugh a minute.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:13 pm 

crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Turned up again, you mean - she used to write for the Mail (or poss. Mail on Sunday) ages ago. For some reason, I remember a shitty advert trumpeting the fact that the paper had both her and John Junor writing for it as meaning they had all sides of a debate. As opposed to what it actually was - a truly awful, self-interested and idiotic harpy with a voice that could shatter lead, and a mildly upmarket version of Littlejohn with fewer catchphrases.

EDIT: unless that was pre-Dacre, in which case *IGNORE*

I remember that advert - two typewriters pulling on either end of a long roll of paper getting closer and closer, apparently signifying that they represented opposing views. Burchill was a shrill twit when she worked on the NME in the seventies and has become a shrill self-publicist as she's got older.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:15 pm 

Location: Sunny Surrey where the vines sit smugly in the sunshine.
Dacre employs another writer who exhibits very serious personality issues and imbalance.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:53 pm 

Maybe this commission is a reward for that recently dug-up article from years ago, where she put the boot into John Peel and, therefore, the BBC.

Many thanks to whoever at the NME hired Burchill and Parsons all those years ago...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:31 pm 

I reckon Dacre was masturbating vigorously in the shower with the memory of all the lovely, lovely hits the online paper received during the whole Samantha Brick shtik going around his head. Then, as can often happen in moments of onanistic pleasure, a bad thought surfaces and Mr Donkey starts to shrink in his soapy grip. It's all very well having a runaway success but that was then, this is now. Onwards and upwards (or not, in the case of Dacre's dick) is the mantra when it comes to the hit rate numbers of the site. Eureka! He finds it! What is needed is the yin to Brick's yang! Black or white, heads or tails, fat or thin, self-obsessed Sam or couldn't give a flying fuck Julie! Mr Donkey starts to stir again...

And every day the paper boy brings more.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:41 am 
Burchill once did a book on hypocrisy.

She also supported the Iraq war.

I wonder what her current views are.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:49 am 
On the subject of hypocrisy.

What the flying fuck is Burchill doing writing for the fucking mail!!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:49 pm 

Big Rob wrote:
On the subject of hypocrisy.

What the flying fuck is Burchill doing writing for the fucking mail!!!! :lol:

Same as she's done for thirty-odd years - getting well-paid for being 'controversial'.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:24 pm 

Quote:
Hello my name is julie i liked a boy called tony and i let him put his winky in my foo foo but then i said i dont like BOYS boys smell i like girls i am right about lots of things and i saw a band before anyone else did and then they all said they liked them but by then the band was boring cos everyone else said they liked them and then i did another thing before everyone else did but then i got bored and then they started giving me money to say that i didnt like things other people liked and that things other people said were bad were good really and anyway BOYS all smell but i dont smell in fact i smell quite lovely tee hee

Anything like that?

"I proved that you're wrong. And if you're wrong, I'm right." - Aaron Eckhart.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:52 pm 

It's as if Julie's in the room.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next