It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241 ... 412  Next

Re: Return of the NotW 'phone-hacking scandal?

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:26 pm 

Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Leveson has said that press reporting of the hearings will be taken as evidence by the enquiry. That means the Mail's attack on Hugh Grant and attempts to intimidate him. Couldn't happen to a nicer Dacre...

Fuckin' A!!

Brief Plug: Hugh also plays a blinder in AArman's latest movie (of which more on the fillums board).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:26 pm 

Didn't watch the live evidence but Lucy Panton's evidence is reported in the Guardian.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/apr/03/met-police-john-yates-news-world

She seems to be suggesting that journalist had to have close links with the police so that they knew what they could and couldn't write about a particular crime. I'm surprised that Leveson has not asked ant of the crime journalists what qualifications they have in order to carry out their role. I would have thought a well trained crime journalist would have a good understanding about what they can write about a story without having to rely so heavily on the police for guidance.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:53 pm 

Worth watching Sky News for when our leader was asked about the JM resignation:

"That is a matter for the company and it's shareholders"

I wouldn't say he then left quickly, but last time I saw anyone move that quickly on film, he was being pursued by:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:17 pm 

According to Peston on the BBC

Quote:
Mr Murdoch's resignation as chairman perhaps reduces the perception that BSkyB's fitness to broadcast is somehow tainted by the alleged wrongdoing at News International”

But surely even though James is no longer chairman he remains on the board and his father will still be pulling all the strings because of the large shareholding he retains in the company.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:20 pm 
Lord of Flangebury-Under-Scythe

All the time the Murdoch's are enjoying their hundreds of millions and are not in prison then justice has not been done.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:44 am 

Posting this again because I miss Dennis, even 18 years later. And because he is still SO fucking right. Love you, Dennis.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:05 pm 

Sky News admits hacking emails of 'canoe man'

Quote:
Sky News has admitted that one of its senior executives authorised a journalist to conduct email hacking on two separate occasions that it said were "in the public interest" – even though intercepting emails is a prima facie breach of the Computer Misuse Act, to which there is no such defence written in law.

Gerard Tubb, the broadcaster's northern England correspondent, accessed emails belonging to John Darwin, the "canoe man" accused of faking his own death, when his wife, Anne, was due to stand trial for deception in July 2008. The reporter built up a database of emails that he believed would help defeat Anne Darwin's defence; her husband had pleaded guilty to seven charges of deception before her trial.

The same reporter accessed the email accounts of a suspected paedophile and his wife in an investigation that did not lead to any material being published or broadcast, according to a statement sent to the Guardian by Sky, which is part-owned by Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/ap ... -canoe-man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:30 pm 

Fan-bloody-tastic! Another nail in the coffin of the Murdoch family's control of News International.

Happy Easter everyone!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:35 pm 

My neighbour looks a bit wrong. I think I'll go through his bins, tap his phone and computer, and keep detailed notes on his daily routine by observing him from a small hide I've constructed in his garden. It's OK though, if anything dodgy turns up, I'll go straight to the police with it.

When will these people realise that the law fucking applies to them?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:46 pm 

If the journalist hacked into John Darwin's email account he effectively contaminated any evidence contained in the emails so rather than aiding the case for the prosecution the journalist effectively put the prosecution case in jeopardy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:06 pm 

Always sticking their oar in.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:47 pm 

Is the point of this unusual admission to get the paedo to sue and piss everyone off?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:51 pm 

It's a good job both pleaded guilty, or they'd have grounds for appeal. As some of the evidence used was inadmissible.
I missed this two months ago.
Quote:
More than half a million pounds has been recovered from Anne Darwin in connection with an insurance fraud over her husband's faked death.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-17031563

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:09 pm 

Andy McDandy wrote:
My neighbour looks a bit wrong. I think I'll go through his bins, tap his phone and computer, and keep detailed notes on his daily routine by observing him from a small hide I've constructed in his garden. It's OK though, if anything dodgy turns up, I'll go straight to the police with it.

When will these people realise that the law fucking applies to them?

We had a chat beforehand about breaking the law, It's OK we found ourselves not guilty.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:10 pm 

satnav wrote:
If the journalist hacked into John Darwin's email account he effectively contaminated any evidence contained in the emails so rather than aiding the case for the prosecution the journalist effectively put the prosecution case in jeopardy.

I'm not convinced E-mails work like that (Unless you're enjoying the new Mac-targeting trojan).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241 ... 412  Next