It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Re: The 'Lefty' BBC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Post subject: Re: The 'Lefty' BBC
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:33 am 

Don't know if its been posted before....

Bias at the BBC?

Quote:
When I first joined the BBC I asked a very experienced and subtle journalist what was meant by BBC impartiality. “It means we don’t take sides,” he said. “We don’t take sides either explicitly or implicitly. We test all opinion toughly but fairly and we let the audience make up their own minds.”

The ability to make up your own mind based on an unbiased and factual representation of current issues?

Left wing communist bastards.... The mail will always stand as a vanguard railing against the onslaught of 'left wing' impartiality.... and boy doesn't it do that well.....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:05 am 

Chris Grayling is apparently unhappy with coverage of the welfare reforms.

Quote:
I do think there has been a laziness in the coverage. I think some parts of the media frankly took a very bizarre approach towards this. I was very disappointed by some of the coverage of the BBC.

I think the Guardian newspaper got things wrong, but the BBC had more of a duty to get things right and I don't think it made an effort to do so. At the end of the day all of this created a situation where we could have lost something that was making a real difference to young people and I think that was reprehensible.

One word that kept recurring was 'workfare.' In none of our titles of our schemes or any of the principles of our schemes is workfare. It is all about job search.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:50 am 

I saw Dellingpole on the BBC News morning paper review over the weekend. Good ol' lefty BBC, once again prohibiting the expression of frothing-at-the-mouth right wing opinions on their channel.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:13 pm 

Samanfur wrote:
Chris Grayling is apparently unhappy with coverage of the welfare reforms.

One word that kept recurring was 'workfare.' In none of our titles of our schemes or any of the principles of our schemes is workfare. It is all about job search.
[/quote]

And you aren't actually called Mr Cunt, Grayling. And the Community Charge wasn't actually called the Poll Tax. but if it walks like a duck..

What are these principles of workfare everyone has misunderstood?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:12 am 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17450366

Quote:
The Queen had a longer than expected trip in a lift following her speech in Parliament, the BBC has learned.

She and the Duke of Edinburgh had just attended a reception on the first floor of the Palace of Westminister before they entered the lift to get to the ground floor, where a car was waiting.

However, rather than descending, it went up and only reached the intended destination after three false starts.

Both the House of Lords and Buckingham Palace refused to comment.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:55 pm 

Location: Back in Blighty where the feckin' internet works...
A telling choice of story given the competition today...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:47 pm 

new puritan wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17450366

Quote:
The Queen had a longer than expected trip in a lift following her speech in Parliament, the BBC has learned.

She and the Duke of Edinburgh had just attended a reception on the first floor of the Palace of Westminister before they entered the lift to get to the ground floor, where a car was waiting.

However, rather than descending, it went up and only reached the intended destination after three false starts.

Both the House of Lords and Buckingham Palace refused to comment.

Well fuck me; Buildings that don't talk.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:49 pm 

PM news headlines referring to an "expansion" of a grammar school in Kent.

That's one word for it. It's in a different town.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:08 pm 

And now someone on the radio news said "useful distraction from Labour's inability to condemn the strike".

For Christ's sake.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:10 pm 

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
PM news headlines referring to an "expansion" of a grammar school in Kent.

That's one word for it. It's in a different town.

But Max Hastings said that Barbara Castle has nuked them all from orbit - or something.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:39 pm 

The BBC couldn't manage a single word about half of London schools being on strike over pensions yesterday, or the fact that the teachers' pension fund is actually in credit - but they managed a whole filmed segment on grammar schools, full of dog whistles.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:44 pm 

So, today there are major stories attacking the coalition in the Observer, Telegraph, Sunday Times and Independent. There are critical articles in the Mail and Express. Yesterday it was the Guardian.

Yet not a word on the BBC or the BBC website beyond the petrol story - and that is as bland as possible.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:45 pm 

Leftie, pinko, commie bastrds that they are.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:49 pm 

If it's true (and it seems to be) the memo to Conservative Associations about the 'Thatcher Moment' is a real smoking gun. At the moment the Telegraph and the Guardian are running with it, but of course no word from the BBC.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:56 pm 

The "Thatcher moment" email is certainly spreading around Facebook, if my timeline is anything to go by.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next