It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:56 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1511 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 101  Next

Rampant racism

Sponsor

Sponsor

Post subject: Rampant racism
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:34 am 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rigin.html

Usual scaremongering stuff - implying that non-white people can't be British and isn't it all dreadful. There are the usual predictable comments about how this is all down to mass immigration, non-white people can only be here if they've just got off the boat, clearly they're only stopping off to give birth before claiming shedloads of benefit money. And a number which can only be interpreted as direct incitements to racial hatred, talking about ethnic cleansing and the like ffs.

Can I suggest a mass report-in for the all the clearly racist comments? Really the entire report is an utter disgrace but if we can frighten them enough about the comments it might have some effect.

Post subject: Re: Rampant racism
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:36 am 

Whups! Missed this post and stuck this up in Bloody Foreigners. I'll delete it from there so as not to double up.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:47 am 

There's a horrible editorial to go with it:

It's time to show some bottle on spending cuts, Mr Cameron
Quote:
Our demography is changing with breakneck speed, and it is not - as many sanctimonious voices still maintain - racist to question whether this a good thing.

A generation from now, the prospect is of an urban Britain dominated by ethnic minorities, surrounded by predominantly white British shires.

Feel sick?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:55 am 

Here's a quote from the article:
Quote:
Backbench Tory MP Douglas Carswell said: 'I think we have to face reality and that is if you continue to have mass immigration it's going to have a very significant impact on the demography of our country - and it's going to have a significant impact perhaps on the sort of country that we are.'

Carswell seems an oddity, but some the ways he is described raises red flags - 'libertarian', 'conservative radical' and, worst of all (and I quote Wikipedia here) "Carswell is sceptical of anthropogenic global warming, believing current climate change to be driven by non-human factors. He came to this position after reading Ian Plimer's Heaven and Earth".

So he decided this after reading precisely one book? I suppose that's one more than most of the people who take that view! When did global warming denial (which denying man-made global warming is the fallback position of) become a right-wing article of faith anyway?

Carswell is definitely one to keep an eye on, especially if he dips his toes in the murkey waters of quasi-racist statements.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:47 pm 

5cc wrote:

Quote:
Our demography is changing with breakneck speed, and it is not - as many sanctimonious voices still maintain - racist to question whether this a good thing.

A generation from now, the prospect is of an urban Britain dominated by ethnic minorities, surrounded by predominantly white British shires.

Feel sick?

It's not racist to hate people of a different race. Oh, erm, hang on...

- "Counter Point", Airplane! (1980)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:30 pm 

It's almost the same as that "One in five Britons will be ethnics" headline from the Express a while back. Though I think the Express was thinking of your standard immigrants, rather than the dread "anchor babies" the Mail implies.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:52 pm 

Been away from this hallowed portal, and the DM for quite sometime, did wonders for my blood pressure, but in a fit of sheer boredom today (09:08:2010) , I relapsed, and boy am I sorry I did. The latest offering from the DM smacks of racism and xenophobia and is to with the ethnicity of birth mothers in England’s hospitals.

I’ve tried to post my complaints but not getting past the mods, as usual, so here’s what I said in my last effort:

“How many times have I got to try and post on here, mods? The tone of this article, and the linking of the statistics for the ethnicity of mothers giving birth with immigration is a disgrace. The headline is totally misleading as it’s only in North West London, and Newham that the alarmist headline possibly applies. The whole thing smacks of racism and xenophobia, and you should know that not all DM readers are fanatic white supremacists.”

The readers’ comments would tend to indicate otherwise.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:58 pm 

Sorry I originally posted that and my follow up in the wrong place. Still finding my way around in here!

Revealed: The UK maternity units in which only 1 in 10 mothers is of white British origin
By Jack Doyle
Last updated at 8:28 AM on 9th August 2010

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z0w7tROD11

This is what my earlier post was about, not cloned meat, I know, but I just think this is totally unacceptable journalism, and as the comments and rankings have shown panders to racism and xenophobia.

I just submitted this comment, as none of my previous posts have been published. freedom of speech .. NOT!

“Still you spineless mods haven’t dared to publish my comments. What the DM is doing here is nothing less than pandering to racism and xenophobia and is absolutely disgusting. If the majority of the comments the mods have allowed to be published are typical of current opinion in the UK, then it is truly a sad place, populated by retards. I’m entirely with the red arrows on this one, and I’m off to Mailwatch. There are some aspects of DM’s editorial policy that are absolutely despicable.”

Last edited by Lavengro on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:00 pm 

Only a fool would ignore the issue of segmented cultures within the inner cites, it's certainly a concern, but the blame certainly can't be laid only at the feet of immigrants.

There would probably be a lot fewer 'predominantly white British shires' if media like the Mail didn't spread such dodgy propaganda about immigrants and 'ethnics'. White flight would not be as common since people would be more at ease with the 'new people moving in next door'.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:18 pm 

"When did global warming denial (which denying man-made global warming is the fallback position of) become a right-wing article of faith anyway?"

When it became clear that countering climate change would involve changes to current business practices and would require short to medium term capital investment.

Of course, pointing out it's a myopic view, and investing to cut future energy usage and defer potential charges for continued pollution is only good business sense will lead to spectacular tailspinning. I recommend it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:25 pm 

Mr Mordon wrote:
Only a fool would ignore the issue of segmented cultures within the inner cites, it's certainly a concern, but the blame certainly can't be laid only at the feet of immigrants.

There would probably be a lot fewer 'predominantly white British shires' if media like the Mail didn't spread such dodgy propaganda about immigrants and 'ethnics'. White flight would not be as common since people would be more at ease with the 'new people moving in next door'.

Nail, head etc. etc.

The prevailing attitudes seems to be "well they should behave more like us, innit", because the idea that both sides should be prepared to give a bit for, for want of a better term, "the greater good" is something the idiots on that story can't get their heads round. It's all PC-lefty pinkoism which make Churchill and Thatcher spin in their graves (or at least will)

- "Counter Point", Airplane! (1980)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:36 pm 

It's funny that the Mail doesn't understand that there are plenty of white people, like me, who like living in the centre of cities, and are attracted, among other things, by "diversity", and the absence of Mail-style "ordinary people".

I like the idea that they'd be OK if more blacks who moved to the shires.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:04 pm 

The Daily Wail is really hammering mums today .. now it's

Blooming cheek? Two-thirds of mothers-to-be are stocking up for their newborns with American-style baby showers
By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 5:37 PM on 9th August 2010

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... z0w8Vo0ldk

I'm trying to do the maths, if just about half of all new born babies are born to non white British women, and two thirds are stocking up for their offspring with American-style baby showers, what proportion of white British women are adopting this terribly un-British phenomenon? It has nothing to do with Friends, it has to be more evidence of the effects of mass immigration which is changing the demography of our beloved country and endangering our traditional way of life!

Golly (hehe!), do you think I could get a job as a DM hack!?!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:39 pm 

5cc wrote:

Quote:

Feel sick?

Interesting comment on the editorial, though:

Quote:
cameron is worse pm ever? i do beleive in cuts but he only seems to be hitting the poor, funny how none of these cuts are gonna affect him and his wife, wait and till he has ruined this country.... after public outcry about them trying to ban milk for school kids under five they have now changed there minds, i remember the demos when maggie bought in the poll tax, if there was no demos there would be a lot of people broke in this country now, its ok to do cuts gradually but this goverment is cutting everything in site. time for more demos i think to show this goverment we will not take this lying down....

- WAYNE, ROCHDALE, 09/8/2010 14:28
Click to rate Rating 4

In the green!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:08 pm 

Baby showers?

Well, on the similar story about a London hospital that appeared about a year ago, the majority of non-British born mothers were American (note to Mail: not African, Asian or even European) so maybe that explains it :D

As far as the stories go, I wonder why the Mail is dragging out all this shit now?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1511 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 101  Next