It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 592 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40  Next

Mail vs Public Sector Workers...

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:41 am 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... oyees.html

Those damn public sector workers....
Nurses, Police, Fireservice, Teachers....... what bastards hey !!!!

SACK THE LOT !!!

I just love articles like this..... just written to generate hate, and loosely cobbling together a few 'facts', putting them out of context!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:24 am 
Lord of Flangebury-Under-Scythe

I just cannot bear to click on the link. Feel like crying with this new government. Them and the obscenely wealthy scum that write lies in the media backing them up. Cuntscuntscunts.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:31 am 

I know the feeling. There was an article in the papers the other day about how the Royal Tournament would be back on our televisions again. Christ, it's like they formed a focus group of Jim Davidson, Mrs Brady the Old Lady, and Billy Zane's character from Titanic, and said "OK, show us what you've got."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:05 am 

Check the comments. The Mail has been well and truly caught on on this one. Many comments refer to a table which appeared to be a complete work of fiction (sound familiar?), but, oh look, it's disappeared! Why, I wonder? BECAUSE IT WAS BOLLOCKS.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:35 pm 

This was the front page of the print edition, so a bit embarrassing if it's been shown to be rubbish before the day was out.

Another paper should do a survey of pay at the Mail's office. I expect the journalists are paid direct by the paper while the cleaners and caterers are paid by a contractor.

"Revealed: The Daily Mail pays 100% more than more efficient firms in the same building!"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:01 pm 

This is a classic comment:
Quote:
This is priceless.

Just see how many public sector workers are reading the DM and giving red arrows to negative views about them. Busy then?

Textbook.
- Bob Suruncle, Manchester, UK, 18/6/2010 6:50

Would have thought it would take quite a bit longer to write a comment than click an arrow. Busy then Bob?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:13 pm 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... meron.html

and they for the second day in a row.......

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:57 pm 

I saw this headline on the front page a news stand and I wanted to rip the whole stack of papers in half Geoff Capes style right there and then. I can't even begin to describe how disgusted I am with this one.

I expect they will be pissing puddles of glee-flavoured piss when Cameron screws the public sector in the emergency budget. As a public sector worker who earns below the national average wage and spends many an enchanted evening scraping drunks off the pavement while Daily Mail journalists' are either in bed or out hooraying it up at coke-fuelled parties, I really can't wait.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:15 pm 

Tom_MKUK wrote:
I saw this headline on the front page a news stand and I wanted to rip the whole stack of papers in half Geoff Capes style right there and then. I can't even begin to describe how disgusted I am with this one.

I expect they will be pissing puddles of glee-flavoured piss when Cameron screws the public sector in the emergency budget. As a public sector worker who earns below the national average wage and spends many an enchanted evening scraping drunks off the pavement while Daily Mail journalists' are either in bed or out hooraying it up at coke-fuelled parties, I really can't wait.

I agree with all that except the Mail journalists at coke-fuelled parties. I've always imagined Mail hacks to spend their evenings sat on a stool in a fairly empty basement bar, you know the type you go down stairs to enter and there's only ever about 2 or 3 people in there. The poor barman has nothing else to occupy his time other than to listen to the hack's extreme right-wing musings and skewered world view and on the rare occasions the hack finds someone else's ear to bend it ends in a fairly heated verbal exchange with him coming off worse, drunkenly slumping back on to his stool before the barman calls him a cab and he staggers out, into it and home before getting up again the next morning and into Mail Towers reeking of stale ale and Scotch hours just ahead of the same cycle starting over again.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:02 pm 

And... AGAIN....

3rd day in a row...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... borne.html

can't wait for them to start gloating over the public sector workers on Tuesday.....

We have had it coming.... the parasites we are!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:41 pm 

I was chatting to Mother earlier about the cuts. She hopes there won't be any strikes. So do I but I can't see how else we're going to stop them.

And we really do have to stop them.

I've seen plenty of folk say that cuts will make things worse but, as yet, I haven't seen the Tories attempt to argue against them. Does this mean that they have no arguments?

A budget written by the Daily Mail (as this one appears to be) scares the bejesus out of me.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:21 pm 

I work in the public sector and if my department is anything to go by there is certainly a huge amount of scope for cuts (for example printed, fancy leaflets in 20 different languages available in a front office in a rural part of Sussex with the only remotely "ethnic" community being settled travellers - PDF available to print on request on our intranet would have been far more sensible). I went out with some colleagues the other night to have a catch up as I am on maternity leave - one of the managers had 2 weeks off on paid sick leave for a boob job, on one day all 4 managers (for an office of 20 people) were on a "leaflet conference" (get the theme here) ALL day over in West Sussex. Our office could easily be run by one supervisor on a grade higher than us, yet there are 2 deputy managers and 2 office managers. Plus two other very highly paid members of staff who are unnecessary. The amount of tme wasting in our office that goes on is, quite frankly, incredible. If we were in the private sector we'd have gone bust years ago, there just seems to be no concept of efficiency.

However I feel certain that any cuts will not hit where cuts should be made - but will simply lead to the numbers of Indians being reduced when it is the overemployment of Chiefs that needs to be addressed. Managers to manage managers to manage managers to report to Human Resources to report to more managers. The bigger the organisation the more the chiefs can pay themselves..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:26 am 

Day 4

Public sector braced for pension levy which has created £1trillion black hole

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -hole.html

here we go again !!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:33 am 
Lord of Flangebury-Under-Scythe

There will be strikes. There has to be.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:21 am 

I just hope they don't suffer as bad as many in the private sector have in the past couple of years

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 592 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40  Next