It is currently Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:49 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

The Mail vs Undeserving Honours Recipients

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:53 am 

Bloodshot hollow eyes, emaciated arms and rambling on the phone: Haunting video of Angelina Jolie the heroin addict

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... rface.html

Somebody gets one of those gongs that Dacre so desperately craves and then a 15 year old video, first picked up by The National Enquirer, emerges...

HOLD THE FRONT PAGE YOU DOUBLE C!

The thought occurs that normally this would be top of the sidebar fodder but the dead tree edition is leading with this.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:07 am 

I see she also 'confessed' to fancying a woman.

That's 'confessed' in the 'mentioned' sense, then.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:43 am 

And I've also noticed a new tactic the Mail have started using. Increasingly, articles end with "Last night we approached [insert name] for a comment". Then nothing, end of piece. The implication being that the Mail have tried to be as even handed as possible, but the sleb in question didn't have the guts to speak to our newshound.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:04 pm 

Andy McDandy wrote:
I see she also 'confessed' to fancying a woman.

That's 'confessed' in the 'mentioned' sense, then.

My wife has, on more than one occasion, professed to quite fancying Ms Jolie. (Who is on her short 'list of women I'm allowed to sleep with should the opportunity ever arise')

One day, I'll have to test the theory. I'm sure she'd prefer me to Brad Pitt anyway.

Oh and 'Heroin addict lifts herself up to be a multimillionaire Hollywood actress, inspiration to women with cancer and UN ambassador on women's safety in warzones'

What a terrible story. How we should shun her.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:06 pm 

The Jolie 'heroin' article is also quite a nice example of the Mail underestimating its readers, as many, quite reasonably pointed out that she has been honest about her past, clean for years and by all accounts enjoys a most successful and fulfilling life.

Quote:
My wife has, on more than one occasion, professed to quite fancying Ms Jolie

Yep, she rates highly on my 'if I were gay' list too. It is important to think these things through after all. I mean even when 'worryingly thin' she is still smokin'...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:46 am 

Comic actor James Corden is to be made an OBE by the Queen in her New Year's honours list

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... n-OBE.html

If this isn't spun into a bit of luvvy bashing by the end of the day we'll know Dacre's K is in the bag, services to the Tory Party and all that.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:01 pm 

Irony alert.

Quote:
slowmojo, Sussex, 5 days ago
Justforfun - You are a troll as you aren't posting using your real name. People love to hide behind anonymity. So many nasty comments on here, it's really sad to see the jealousy. LVP - I agree with you completely. He clearly works hard and is a very funny man.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:17 am 

Storm over PM's peers: Seats in the Lords for MP who claimed £2,000 to clean his moat, bra tycoon Michelle Mone and string of Cameron cronies

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... onies.html

I am sure most of us oppose an unelected upper house packed with party donors and politician's pals but I strongly suspect a different motive at the Mail... What the cunting cunt has that cunt done to cunting deserve it when the cunt who runs the cunting Daily Mail can't even get a cunting Gong?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:00 am 

No Gong for Dacre again? Release the attack dogs.

They're ain't nothing like THIS Dame! After three marriages, five abortions and a fling with two Kray brothers, Barbara Windsor's place in the New Year's honours list is very unlikely, writes CHRISTOPHER STEVENS

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... le-3375727

I hold no brief for "our Babs", indeed I wished her an extended oceanic sojourn after her poppy comments, but this is yet another example of the DM getting stuck in. No doubt there will be more to follow on 1st January.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:49 am 

Abortions? How dare the brazen trollop!

Oh yes, remembered, Our Babs is a friend of Desmond...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:18 am 

Andy McDandy wrote:
Oh yes, remembered, Our Babs is a friend of Desmond...

I couldn't see why they were targeting Babara Windsor but yes that would explain Dacre's petty vindictiveness.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:18 pm 

If Dacre were to be ennobled, would he fire his own content providers if they reported the honour of Lord Dacre of Langwell?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:52 pm 

Presumably little about Crosby's gong then?

"God knows, everybody here, no matter how old or how young, should understand the lessons. And never repeat that again. But there are some who, for whatever reason, are incapable of the instruction of reality."

- N. Kinnock, 04/07/2016

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:11 pm 

Actually, I hate to say it, I'm with the Mail on this one. A damehood for a load of innuendo ridden films and several years in a dreary soap opera?

Although on the other hand, that's still more than Dacre's given the nation.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:00 pm 

Jackpot Joy balls are everywhere !