It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Tory filth

Sponsor

Sponsor

Post subject: Tory filth
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:25 pm 
Lord of Flangebury-Under-Scythe

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-16825646

Post subject: Re: Tory filth
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:34 pm 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-16837347

:x

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:39 pm 

David Nuttall isn't alwyas so worried about the 'something for nothing culture' that poisons life so

http://www.burytimes.co.uk/yoursay/8246774.MP___s_concern_for_Queen/

http://www.burytimes.co.uk/yoursay/8246797.___Important_matter____of_Civil_List/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:40 pm 

Fucking vermin.

Quote:
They voted by 334 to 251

Where do you get to see the list of who voted for what? There's 28 names I'd like to see.

Last edited by Carlos The Badger on Thu Feb 31, 2021 18:60 am, edited 666 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:46 pm 

Usual fuckwitted comments- edit, on the original link. not here.

Any word on Lib Dem rebels? The member for St Ives and nobody else?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:57 pm 

Quote:
Kate Hoey, Labour MP for Vauxhall, suggests that Miller comes to speak to some of the older tenants in her constituency who are terrified by the government's proposals. She says it is "just unbelievable that a government would force people to move away from their family home."

Miller responds that the measures in the bill would not affect pensioners.

Don't read the Bill or anything, Kate.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:04 pm 

This might seem a naive question but what's the point in anything going to the House of Lords for a vote at all if the House of Commons can overrule it if they don't like the outcome?

Quote:
Exempt cancer patients from means testing of ESA

That's been overturned. 334 MPs want cancer patients to have the hassle and worry of all that red-tape shite hanging over them after being told they have a potentially life-threatening illness. So who are the 28 MPs who voted with the Tory shite?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:05 pm 

Location: Back in Blighty where the feckin' internet works...
I've seen a Tweet that they've voted that single parents will have to pay to use the CSA...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:05 pm 

Location: Back in Blighty where the feckin' internet works...
The lights are going out...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:24 pm 

AOB wrote:
This might seem a naive question but what's the point in anything going to the House of Lords for a vote at all if the House of Commons can overrule it if they don't like the outcome?

Quote:

That's been overturned. 334 MPs want cancer patients to have the hassle and worry of all that red-tape shite hanging over them after being told they have a potentially life-threatening illness. So who are the 28 MPs who voted with the Tory shite?

I thought the Lords couldn't overturn finance bills only- and shouldn't block stuff in the manifesto. But if, as this suggests, anything with monetary implications is "finance", they may as well not bother.

Lord Mackay (who voted against the CSA stuff) has said he now feels like the debate was a waste of public money.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:28 pm 

Quote:
So who were the Lib Dem rebels in that first vote? @KerryMP reckons they are:

Andrew George
Mike Hancock
Alan Reid
Adrian Sanders
John Leech
Bob Russell
Greg Mulholland
Ian Swales

George, Hancock and David Ward have done 78 rebellions between them. David Laws has done zero.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:33 pm 

From the Guardian comments (and I don't normally agree with this sort of comparison)

Quote:
HunterKiller
1 February 2012 11:17AM
Every time they trot out that line about people laying in bed with their curtains shut, I can't help but think of my street. My street where everybody leaves their curtains and blinds shut, especially when they're at work, because they don't want people looking in and deciding their homes are an easy mark for burglary. Of course, Cameron does not have this problem because he always has a police officer outside his home. I expect the concept of keeping your curtains shut for security and privacy has never once entered his head.

It's the most disgusting type of propaganda you'll see, actively trying to rile the nation's simpletons to punish people less fortunate, It's the kind of rhetoric Goebbels would have loved using, you can just imagine the black and white film showing the clean taxpaying blonde family, going out to work hard for the glory of the Reich, and then something catches their eye, the dirty house, garden unkempt with curtains closed, of course it's the untermensch, stealing from the glorious people, Time to cleanse the nation.

http://mindinflux.wordpress.com/2010/10 ... ropaganda/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:36 pm 

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
AOB wrote:

Quote:

I thought the Lords couldn't overturn finance bills only- and shouldn't block stuff in the manifesto. But if, as this suggests, anything with monetary implications is "finance", they may as well not bother.

Lord Mackay (who voted against the CSA stuff) has said he now feels like the debate was a waste of public money.

So that's that then?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:43 pm 

I'm sure I remember Michael Howard as Home Secretary getting beaten in the Lords, by unlikely rebels like Willie Whitelaw. So could Howard have said "I'm saving public money, fuck off"?

I really don't understand.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:46 pm 

...and next they came...

They are beginning to make very light work of the list, aided and abetted by the simpletons and the Idiocracy (ta Malc) who will be next in line. Do these people really feel so secure in their lives that they do not for one second believe that the misfortunes of others might be visited upon them too?

Cancer. Unemployment. Profoundly disabled offspring. These are the situations that normal people find themselves in when they least expect to and these Tory measures are engineered to target them with military precision and cut them loose like litter on the wind. Why can't rational sentient human beings get that?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next