It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:54 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Re: Mail articles that begin with 'Now'

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:54 pm 

Location: In that Yoorup with its Cultural Traditions and no warm beer.
This happened in schools about 20 years ago...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:51 pm 

cycloon wrote:
I love press photos that have to include an object representative of the kernel of the story.

HERE IS A COFFEE CUP.

YOU DRINK COFFEE FROM IT.

YOU UNDERSTAND, YES?

It doesn't match the article either.
Quote:
One young mother, who did not want to be named, said: 'The hot drinks were never served in a cup or a mug. 'They were served in what I regard as a "no spill plastic safety cup" with a lid. 'There were almost like flasks, with a very small opening. Everyone is just a bit disappointed'.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:02 pm 

Malcolm Armsteen wrote:

I visit a lot of primary schools (I teach cycling skills to kids - one of Dacre's 'non-jobs' - I feel *so* proud :) ). In some schools, teachers are only allowed to take hot drinks on to the playground if they are in those "no spill plastic safety cups" (which are just those insulated non-spill camping mugs you can buy from Millets...). In other schools, you can wander out with your 'world's best teacher' ceramic mug and no-one cares.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:13 pm 

Location: In that Yoorup with its Cultural Traditions and no warm beer.
Probably depends on whether or not they've ever scalded anybody...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:21 pm 

My 18 month old (premature) nephew recently ended up in the East Grinstead burns unit having "dragged" a cup of hot chocolate onto his chest and upper arms. An ambulance journey on blue lights that took over an hour. The chap screamed for days. It is likely he will be permanantly scarred.

In the eyes of the Mailites they will call it "character building" .

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:33 am 

Quote:
Now you can get extra time off if you're sick on holiday under controversial new laws

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1o34wvhKS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:34 pm 

New? I'm pretty sure it isn't. Or if it is, it reflects what any reasonable employer would do anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:53 pm 

How dare people be given employment rights.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:02 pm 

mattomac wrote:
How dare people be given employment rights.

That is basically the objection of many people. They simply want to live in a world where other people can be freely exploted to their personal gain. I really think many millions of people wouldn't take much persuading to bring back slavery, if you dressed it up a bit so they could be po-faced and righteous.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:39 pm 

Gourami wrote:
I really think many millions of people wouldn't take much persuading to bring back slavery, if you dressed it up a bit so they could be po-faced and righteous.

You could name it "workfare". Not that Cameron is having much success with that.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:26 pm 

Quote:
Now Tube staff offered £850 'bribes' to work during Olympics (after turning down £500)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... g-500.html
"When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:08 pm 

Hallucigenia wrote:
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:

I visit a lot of primary schools (I teach cycling skills to kids - one of Dacre's 'non-jobs' - I feel *so* proud :) ). In some schools, teachers are only allowed to take hot drinks on to the playground if they are in those "no spill plastic safety cups" (which are just those insulated non-spill camping mugs you can buy from Millets...). In other schools, you can wander out with your 'world's best teacher' ceramic mug and no-one cares.

I dislike those mugs, as the contents often stay too hot to drink for longer than my thirst will tolerate.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:11 pm 

Arnold wrote:
Quote:
Now Tube staff offered £850 'bribes' to work during Olympics (after turning down £500)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... g-500.html
"When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow."

Mail hates Capitalism - again.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:24 pm 

Now Morrissey tears into Prince Harry in his role of tourism ambassador after laying into Prince William

Okay... okay... I think Mozzer is a tosspot when it comes to his support of PeTA. However he has been spot on with his treatment of the Royal Family (and the waste of taxpayers cash that is the Falkland Islands).

But using 'Now'?.... Obviously the mail payed no attention to the Smiths producing albums called the Queen is Dead.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:55 am 

How soon is now? About thirty years ago, for the Mail.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next