Cripes! It didn't take her long to lose all her standards and self-respect after taking the Dacre Shilling. Here's a piece that's taken from the Liz Jones Handbook for Writing Shit Columns.
1. Think desperately for a recent personal experience that might have some mileage.
2. Ensure it has some controversial element
3. Grossly exaggerate what happened
4. While you're at it make unsubstantiated and ill-informed claims.
5. Submit invoice to The Mail
6. Ignore Jiminy Cricket when he whispers in your ear at 3am in the morning. Instead, think about how you're going to spend the money
What I'm going to say might enrage some of you, but I promise it's written from the heart. There are some subjects that are taboo - and criticising charity fund-raising is one of them.
My enjoyable dinner in an Edinburgh restaurant at the weekend was interrupted by a woman who'd plucked up the courage to leave her slightly inebriated pals to say hello.
She demanded to know whether I would be joining them later on the midnight MoonWalk to raise money for cancer care. When I said no, she became mildly belligerent, but I didn't feel guilty. Quite the reverse. I regularly give money to charities, but I don't feel the need to parade around wearing a wacky T-shirt or do a walk with thousands of others to validate my compassion.
My emphasis but, WTF, how can you be 'mildly belligerent'?
People who support this charity have been quite restrained in their responses, whether this is because they don't have to write deliberately provocative material to earn a few quid or the mods took out any references to JS-P being a right twunt.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... arity.html