It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:05 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 426, 427, 428, 429, 430, 431, 432 ... 493  Next

Sponsor

Sponsor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:27 am 

Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Loved this comment on a story about a chavvy graveyard:

Quote:
BRITAIN , MY POOR OLD BRITAIN . WHAT HAVE WE DONE TO YOU . FROM THE DIRTY DRUG AND DRINK INFESTED STREETS TO THE HOLY GRAVEYARD . MY BRITAIN , MY POOR OLD BRITAIN. GOD FORGIVE US .

- john hamilton, manila ,philippines,

Calm down and take the caps lock off, you paranoid old get.

- X, Japan

Followed up immediately by
Quote:
Come to think of it - you're all paranoid, mawkish old gets, aren't you?

- X, Japan

Sometimes there's just nothing you can add...

If you're going to claim ownership of this country, you can start by fucking living here. Maybe, then maybe, you can pass a comment. Still, stylishly done by X from Japan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:31 am 

Location: Sunny Surrey where the vines sit smugly in the sunshine.
Actually, it's a bit of a goldmine:

Quote:
Stop being so rude about Essex, you are upsetting my twins Pino & Grigio.

- Chantelle Pratt, Southend On Sea

But this one is from a copper-bottomed twat who's never seen a continental burial ground:

Quote:
Emma, this is how you should grieve.

Quietly, and with dignity.

It's OK to leave flowers, but a photo of a child seems an odd thing to leave in a public place.

If you're leaving letters, a refresher course in English might be advisable as you appear not to understand the use of the apostrophe, or indeed, punctuation in general.

- Horatio Street, London

Presumably he thinks that paedos will come and toss off on your dead child's picture and correct your spelling. Arsehole.

And our old pal Tesla is back:

Quote:
This is what you get when you vote Labour.
No respect or morals any more.
Cess pit country.
- Tesla, London

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:30 am 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... shame.html

Quote:
ISLAM is the only solution and religion on this planet which prohibits drinking ,gambling. NO AGE BAR. From Cradle to Grave.

- Abdul Naseer, chicago,USA, 22/10/2009 15:09
Click to rate Rating 7579

Piss take or not, hilarious.

A mate in the States emailed this article to me. I've set him straight about the Mail 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:47 am 

Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
And our old pal Tesla is back:

Quote:
This is what you get when you vote Labour.
No respect or morals any more.
Cess pit country.
- Tesla, London

Heh, I think some people are in for a rude awakening when the Tories get in and society doesn't immediately return to some kind of mythical golden age of politeness and dignity and no crime. Although presumably they'll just say that even the Tories couldn't reverse what Labour did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:46 am 
jonnyhead wrote:

Heh, I think some people are in for a rude awakening when the Tories get in and society doesn't immediately return to some kind of mythical golden age of politeness and dignity and no crime. Although presumably they'll just say that even the Tories couldn't reverse what Labour did.

No, they'll do what they did in the 80s and blame 'loony left' councils and 'politically correct' teachers and social workers for it all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:51 am 

Funny how atm it's all government, despite some Tory councils doing Mail-outragey things....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:03 pm 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... l#comments

Vile-smelling foreign ladybirds set to invade homes this winter

Quote:
Welcome !!! and bring all your relatives.

- Mike J, London, 26/10/2009 13:05

Quote:
What, no passport?

Wait, this is the UK, they don't need one, I forgot.

- Tony, Cornwall, UK, 26/10/2009 11:44

Quote:
Foreign invaders entering the UK? Surely not!

- James, London, UK, 26/10/2009 11:40

Quote:
We need to know what Nick Griffin intends doing about this problem with foreign invaders.

- Richard S, Cardiff, 26/10/2009 11:31

Quote:

I hope I don't get charged for sub-letting!

- its me innit!, the land where scroungers get more than the workers!, 26/10/2009 12:26

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:16 am 

Parents banned from watching their children in playgrounds... in case they are paedophiles

Quote:
Parents are being banned from playing with their children in council recreation areas because they have not been vetted by police.

Mothers and fathers are being forced to watch their children from outside perimeter fences because of fears they could be paedophiles.

Watford Council was branded a 'disgrace' yesterday after excluding parents from two fenced-off adventure playgrounds unless they first undergo criminal record checks.

I thought I could detect a whiff of bullshit coming from this story. And, indeed, I could:

Watford Borough Council statement about Harwoods and Harebreaks Adventure Playground

Quote:
Contrary to reports in the media, Watford Borough Council has not banned parents from public parks and playgrounds in the town!

We have simply reiterated that the fully supervised play sessions we run at our adventure playgrounds - Harebreaks and Harwoods - are for children aged 5 -15 years old, and that parents/carers of children and young people who visit these play sessions are not able to stay on site with their children during play sessions. This reduces any potential risks to children and ensures they are able to play freely.

The adventure playground play sessions are fully supervised and we employ CRB checked staff to run the facilities in the best way they see fit.

This is no different to other fully supervised facilities, like schools, playgroups or nurseries - where adults are not allowed to stay.

Parents and carers are, of course, welcome to bring their children safely into the sites and settle them in, but only aged children aged 5 - 15 year olds are permitted to stay for the sessions .

If I said that sounded fair enough, would that make me far too reasonable and accommodating?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:52 am 

Location: Sunny Surrey where the vines sit smugly in the sunshine.
So I wonder who branded the council 'a disgrace'?
A disgruntled, publicity seeking, politically motivated parent? The Mail itself? Some random nutter?

This is part of the repertoire, of course. The outraged are so rarely identified. All done by winks and dog whistles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:32 pm 

On a tragic story about a young woman being mauled to death
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1223722/Teenage-musician-Taylor-Mitchell-dies-mauled-coyotes-hiked-Canadian-park.html
Quote:
maybe it was her time of the month and this attracted the animals?
- bob, wirral, 29/10/2009 11:48

What an irredeemable shit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:38 pm 

One family at play in a lost England: Precious glass negatives provide intimate glimpse into the life of an Edwardian family

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... l#comments

I have gone Mailite fishing this morning and have caught 53 so far.

Quote:
Very twee pictures of a minority family of Edwardian England. The vast majority lived in conditions that we would not now keep animals, most had insufficient food and life expectancy was short. They most certainly did not have cameras and an interest in photography. Their main interest was staying alive.
- Anne, West Midlands, 29/10/2009 9:24
Click to rate Rating 53 Report abuse

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:44 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That pic is too hilarious for words

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:48 pm 

I just submitted

Quote:
wonderful pictures of times never to return.. how sad, life was so simple then, and pleasures were priceless.. No kerry Katona, No Jordan, No BB..... bliss

- elisa, London, 29/10/2009 8:16
---

No state benefits, no internet, no starbucks, no Xbox, no phones or TV - we live in a far better age now

Let's see how many red arrows I get.

Who the fuck would chose to live in Edwardian times over now? You would have to be totally insane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:51 pm 

No antibiotics. That's the clincher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:57 pm 

Hi I know nothing about history other than the olden days were better YES SIR, progress brought us to ooo some vague period, and then DIED in some other vague period of time a bit later on *gurgle*

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 426, 427, 428, 429, 430, 431, 432 ... 493  Next