•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
A story like this really brings the racists out.

It's pretty difficult to see how any reasonable person could possibly object to a fellow Briton (this guy has been a British citizen for about 50 years) planning the disposal of his body after death in the way (s)he wants, provided it isn't illegal- and it isn't. All this court case has done is establish that there is no legal barrier for him to do this, as some local authorities had previously argued. No law has been changed "in order to accommodate others" or otherwise.

And yet, and yet. It's yet another signal that Britain has gone to the dogs and has been ruined by Nu Labour.

I should be used to it by now, but yet again I'm saddened by the amount of sheer vindictive fuckwittery among the morons that read this shite.

By ACG
Membership Days Posts
holy shit that's shocking.

and utterly stupid, most of them are talking about it as if it's now legal to just set up a pyre and light it, you'll still have to go through an application process, just like you do if you want to bury someone outside of a cemetary (which a lot of them also seem to be unaware you can do).

several make the same point that "i can't light a bonfire in my OWN GARDEN!" etc an nauseum. well, so long as you apply to light one, and have it checked for safety, yes you can. the reasons you can't just go ahead and light a huge fucking fire on a whim should be painfully obvious to anyone with half a brain.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
There's the nub - the 'half a brain' part.

But there's just so much shit-stained racism being expressed there. It's a deep seated fear (caused by a lack of intellect and mental resource) of anything even slightly different from their 1950s Britain mind map. Which, of course, is a construct rather than a reality.

By mr_wonderful
Membership Days
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ylist.html

Headline: Job Centre staff told hairdresser she couldn't advertise for 'junior' stylist - because it was ageist

Story: A Department of Work and Pensions spokeswoman denied Mrs Hilling was stopped from using the word 'junior' in the ad and said Job Centre Plus's advisers simply give employers advice on wording their ad to attract the most applicants.

Free publicity? Yes please!
By MacGuffin
Membership Days
I was left in a coma by 90mph Toyota crash TWO YEARS before safety recall

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ecall.html

At the end:
A Toyota spokesman confirmed that Mrs Haque's vehicle was not involved in the current recall.

He added: 'The accelerator mechanism on that vehicle is completely different.

'It is a cable rather than an electrical mechanism.'

By Killer Whale
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Headline:

MP quizzed by police after saying 'wearing burkha was like having paper bag over your head'

Story:
Officers rang Mr Hollobone to say a complaint had been made
The Northamptonshire Rights and Equality Council are counter-productive idiots if the story is anywhere near true, BTW, but it's in the Mail, so who knows. Bet this is the front page story on the Express tomorrow.
By Fact Hunt
Membership Days
Cat killed by car 'comes back to life' nine months after owner buries him

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... s-him.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No it didn't - the owner accidentally buried someone else's cat.
So the headline saying:-

"'comes back to life' nine months after owner buries him"

Was just a bold faced lie to draw people into reading the article.

Pathetic.

This newspaper is striving to become lower and more dishonest than the government.

- Tivereas, fl, usa, 25/3/2010 3:33
Click to rate Rating 28
:lol: :lol: :lol:

By lord_kobel
Membership Days Posts
Hair stripped bare: As the era-defining Sixties show returns to the West End, its original stars say it DID change the world... for the worse

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... t-End.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Closest I can get to in the story:
'I don’t think that trying to get rid of the rules and regulations we were trying to break down has necessarily been a good thing.’
So did he think the show had a damaging affect? 'The good outweighed the bad'.

By AOB
Membership Days Posts
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... uters.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Schoolgirls in murder gang: Teenagers face quiz over stabbing that terrified commuters

Strictly speaking the headline is true. The first 4 words are today's front page headline. However it seems like the Mail are going after the girls because if you look further in;
Twenty boys aged 14 to 17 were being held over the stabbing at Victoria Tube station in central London.
So why the emphasis on just the girls?

Also the stabbed lad wasn't white although the Mail feels the need to emphasise that he's British;
He was named last night as London-born Sofyen Ghailan, a pupil at the Henry Compton School in Fulham.
I've got a feeling that if he was white and had been stabbed by black youths this would've been reported a whole lot differently by the Mail.
By MacGuffin
Membership Days
Brown star candidate was a Page 3 girl aged 15: Ex-GMTV presenter was a topless model 20 years ago

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... model.html
The Page Three-style pictures of television presenter Gloria De Piero were taken by a photographic agency in her native Bradford without her parents' knowledge.
So not actually 'a Page 3 girl' then?
Owen Jones

Indeed. Other Centrist Melts who opposed Section 2[…]

Meanwhile in Ireland...

We’ll definitely need a hard border now, s[…]

Re Dacre

Why hasn't Dacre been awarded a gong he so despera[…]

Ipso falsi

The Mail Online goes out of its way to point out t[…]