Archive of topics from before June 2012. PM a mod to get one reopened.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Right-wingers are less intelligent than left wingers, says study
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... acist.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- Children with low intelligence grow up to be prejudiced
- Right-wing views make the less intelligent feel 'safe'
- Analysis of more than 15,000 people

'Individuals with lower abilities may gravitate towards right-wing ideologies that maintain the status quo.
It provides a sense of order,' say the academics
I have to say, I actually had to rub my eyes when I saw this on their site!
That's just telling us what we all know - after all look at the Republican candidate race - but the confirmation is welcome. A meta-study covering a total sample size of 15,000 isn't to be sneezed at. It'll be hard to weasel out of that one. A genie may just have left the bottle.

Copied over from the discussion on the Pathetic Surveys thread.
O'Boogie wrote:It'll certainly give them an anxious few moments, right up until they realise that the research has been carried out by 'so-called scientists' whom, as is well known, are devoid of "commonsense innit" and are all biased Lefties anyway. So it can properly be dismissed as worthless.
'Simples' as they are so fond of saying - and they certainly are.
oboogie wrote:How will the Mail react when the comments prove the survey correct? (which they surely will).
Stop comments?
Pull the article?
Most likely. I can imagine the moderators pulling their hair out trying to find a rational right wing rebuttal. Give it a few hours we'll get the "sorry, we are no longer accepting comments for this story".
I posted a simple "QED" about 3 hours ago, still no comments up there at all.

They must be agonising over this indeed.
The journos will be laughing their tits off - it's their stock in trade. They know this as well as they know where the nearest pub is.
On personal level I do think some ideas of the 'right' have some merit. However they are drowned out by the double standards, hypocrisy and every possible psychological defense mechanism of mail type 'righties', who will stop at nothing in their attempts to distort the truth, in order to preserve their belief that the world is theirs and no one elses....
Abernathy wrote:I posted a simple "QED" about 3 hours ago, still no comments up there at all.

They must be agonising over this indeed.
I'm very tempted to post something along the lines of: "Spot on Daily Mail. Thick as pig-shit me, barely literate and totally befuddled most of the time..........but, thanks to the old-boy networking culture of the Conservative Party, that wasn't a bar to me becoming Chancellor of the Exchequer".
Last edited by oboogie on Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

I expect a Tory landslide. A simple Tory majorit[…]

Paul Thomas Redux

How does anyone in that room watch the massive TV […]

2019 General Election

Yeah, I wonder if those non-voters who turned out […]

The Brexit Party

That there are parts of the country, particularl[…]