Topics about the Northern & Shell titles
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
British heritage 'being overlooked' as St George's Day concert is cancelled
PATRIOTIC residents living in Britain's second city feel British heritage is being ignored - after they were told their St George's Day plans cannot go ahead next year

Read more: http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/601818 ... phony-Hall" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Actual story:
Symphony Hall bosses were quick to point out they had not intentionally barred the St George's Day Association from the venue - the City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra had simply got in first and booked the slot - a fact a hall spokesman claims the association was told two years ago.
Right, so it was just someone else booked the day two years ago. Not overlooking British heritage. (though I'm not sure the Scottish, Welsh or Irish would consider a St George's Day concert as celebrating 'British' heritage...)
Over the last three years we have been operating at a loss, which we have swallowed with funds accrued over the previous 10 years.

"Unfortunately, although the quality of concerts has not dropped, our ticket sales have dwindled and we are now averaging between 800 and 900 attendees. We could probably stand one more loss from our accrued funds.

"While not wishing any of the minority groups in Birmingham any ill will, I do feel the last ones who should lose sponsorship should be our organisation."
And the whole thing is making a loss, fewer people are interested, but they still want the council to cough up.
The town hall was offered as an alternative venue, more suitable to the scale of the performance, but was unfortunately declined.
Toys out of the pram moment, I'm sure...

But holy Christ, the racism in the comments...
GerryGable6 hours ago
The establishment promote mongrelisation so are not interested in Britishness as this is white.
Cleopatra8 hours ago
Some, Most, All our councils have ,or are ,run ,by our uninvited guests. There is your answer.
James Trew4 hours ago
Sorry to correct you Francock, but Birmingham council is run by Muslims, non- English, do-gooders, and left wing shirtlifters!
Incidentally, in the comments, someone links to this petition
Stop all benefits to illegal immigrants completely.

The Government must act now and stop any form of benefit to all illegal immigrants, there should be no free benefit to those whom illegally enter the UK.

Segregation and deportation
for all the illegal immigrants and a life time ban to anyone entering the United Kingdom illegally.
REALLY not sure they understand what an illegal immigrant is...
Almost up there with my all time favourite Facebook Group "Make illegal immigration illegal"

Not sure if it was set up seriously but the members were definitely serious
Esqui wrote:Actual story:
Symphony Hall bosses were quick to point out they had not intentionally barred the St George's Day Association from the venue - the City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra had simply got in first and booked the slot - a fact a hall spokesman claims the association was told two years ago.
Right, so it was just someone else booked the day two years ago. Not overlooking British heritage. (though I'm not sure the Scottish, Welsh or Irish would consider a St George's Day concert as celebrating 'British' heritage...)
Over the last three years we have been operating at a loss, which we have swallowed with funds accrued over the previous 10 years.

"Unfortunately, although the quality of concerts has not dropped, our ticket sales have dwindled and we are now averaging between 800 and 900 attendees. We could probably stand one more loss from our accrued funds.

"While not wishing any of the minority groups in Birmingham any ill will, I do feel the last ones who should lose sponsorship should be our organisation."
And the whole thing is making a loss, fewer people are interested, but they still want the council to cough up.
The town hall was offered as an alternative venue, more suitable to the scale of the performance, but was unfortunately declined.
Toys out of the pram moment, I'm sure...

But holy Christ, the racism in the comments...
GerryGable6 hours ago
The establishment promote mongrelisation so are not interested in Britishness as this is white.
Cleopatra8 hours ago
Some, Most, All our councils have ,or are ,run ,by our uninvited guests. There is your answer.
James Trew4 hours ago
Sorry to correct you Francock, but Birmingham council is run by Muslims, non- English, do-gooders, and left wing shirtlifters!
That long standing alliance between the muslim fundamentalists and the left wing shirtlifters.
Andy McDandy wrote:What the fuck is it with these people and commas?
They want them to fuck off back to Commastan and take their punctuation based corner shops with them (or something).
A bit like the long-standing alliance between Jewish capitalists and Jewish communists. As espoused by someone in the thirties. Something something Hitler?
Stephen Glover

When the mask slips, Corbyn neither thinks nor ta[…]

Apropos of KFC.. On twitter they follow 11 peopl[…]

Labour, Generally.

Indeed and here's Black's account of that meeting […]

Meanwhile in America

There was a piece on the news about a massive demo[…]