•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
The last Liberal government was just after the First World war as far as I know, but didn't they do a deal of sorts with Callaghan in the late 70s after a couple of by election defeats wiped out the small Labour majority?

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Anyone else think the Lib Dems are partly to blame for the quagmire of shit we are now in?

I'm not keen on moving furniture around and you could just as easily blame people like me and Len McCluskey for not voting for David Miliband to succeed Brown.

The blame for this debacle lies firmly with Cameron an out of his depth lightweight, a coward and a chancer. There's only one winner from Bexit so far and that's Jeremy Corbyn. If I'd known that I'd have voted Leave. That's no way true but I'm saving that one for my Brexiter relatives for Christmas had toast their wise decision.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
The referendum is solely the responsibility of Cameron, agreed. It was a stunt to shut up UKIP and other assorted loons and as everyone thought that the result would be to remain, no thought was given to what would happen if the vote went the way it did.

It can be likened to a time when I was in the second year at secondary school, and this daft lad in our class kept messing about. In the end the teacher sat down and announced "Right, idiot here is now in charge of the class"

At that point daft lad shut up, and the lesson resumed as normal. What has happened with Brexit is that the daft lad has taken charge of the class for real.
By davidjay
Membership Days Posts
mr angry manchester wrote:The last Liberal government was just after the First World war as far as I know, but didn't they do a deal of sorts with Callaghan in the late 70s after a couple of by election defeats wiped out the small Labour majority?
The Lib Lab pact of 1977. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lib%E2%80%93Lab_pact#1977" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By mattomac
Membership Days Posts
He tried to solve the Tory issue on Europe, it was a hideous gamble to solve a political party issue, Ed Miliband was right when he refused to grant it even though every fucker and his son was moaning about his decision.

Some things are too big to gamble with, the fact he also played into the hands of the leave side with caveats a plenty. The franchise should have been expanded for starters, those under 18 will have to deal with the consequences for a lot longer of this more so than many over the age of 75 who turned out in large numbers.

The right side of the Labour Party is also to blame by talking up the idea, they have been found wanting in the face of Corbynism to be honest, vapid, out of touch, idealess bunch of tossers. See Adonis latest idea, do as Monkey says not as Monkey does, Adonis's kids can go to University but we should get rid of any University post 92 because they are all failing, when in fact most are actually producing better well rounded graduates than the Russell Groups.

Why is Corbynism so popular, because frankly it's different, is it deliverable? No some of it isn't but that's Corbyn's problem. As for the Tories what have they? The party is full of terrible MP's who represent a backward era. All the talk was of Labour voters voting Labour despite of Corbyn, I actually think the truth is a little closer to Tories voting Tory not because of May but because of Corbyn.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
UNLESS, the Tories are anti European and they wanted to shift responsibility onto the electorate for the mess, so they can say "nowt to do with us, the people etc etc"?

By mattomac
Membership Days Posts
Well...

A lot of things baffle me about the 5 or so years leading up to it, they opted not to control their own borders, they opted to be quite disparaging of Europe. With austerity they opted to heighten the pressure on those more likely to react to such a vote negatively, they created the situation in which to leave the EU, the people by a small majority chose to.

They have now chose to be quite nasty to those who chose to vote Remain and who are actively volatile to leaving, they have chosen to pick fights with the EU they can't win and chose to go to the polls that has weakened them. I actually don't even think "No Deal" is a threat, I actually think they are considering it.

Some of them actually believe that because it hasn't gone tits up yet that it won't ever.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
I'm actually starting to think that they WANT "no deal". You know, two fingers up to bloody forrins and all that.

The fact that it will be economic suicide seems to be being conveniently ignored

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
May enforced a lot of moderate candidates on constituencies at the election so she wouldn't have to rely on the loons with the thumping 120 seat majority she was expecting. Now she's screwed and the party won't let Davis get past first base on Ireland, EU citizens and exit fees.

By Arnold
Membership Days Posts
mr angry manchester wrote:I'm actually starting to think that they WANT "no deal". You know, two fingers up to bloody forrins and all that.

The fact that it will be economic suicide seems to be being conveniently ignored
A recent poll showed that 62% of Brexiters thought that economic damage from leaving the EU was a price worth paying.

By D.C. Harrison
Membership Days Posts
Arnold wrote:A recent poll showed that 62% of Brexiters thought that economic damage from leaving the EU was a price worth paying.
I imagine most of them are of the mind that it will all happen to other people.

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Posts
I refer the ladies and gentlemen present to the woman who cried on Question Time because she voted Tory then had her benefits cut and didn't realise when they said they would cut them they meant hers.
By WTF?
bluebellnutter wrote:I refer the ladies and gentlemen present to the woman who cried on Question Time because she voted Tory then had her benefits cut and didn't realise when they said they would cut them they meant hers.
Haw haw!

By Zuriblue
bluebellnutter wrote:I refer the ladies and gentlemen present to the woman who cried on Question Time because she voted Tory then had her benefits cut and didn't realise when they said they would cut them they meant hers.

By D.C. Harrison
Membership Days Posts
I doubt with Brexit there will even be that level of self-realisation. It will (again) all be the fault of someone or something else.
Momentum

Yay! Top Trumps!

The Mail's Front Page Headline

Ah, I dunno that it's even that limited. I've neve[…]

Would appreciate any Twitterers getting this out, […]

Nigel Farage

It's a hard time of year for anyone to find a spar[…]