Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 35.1 % ❤ 6.4 % :thumbsup: 10.5 % 😯 2.9 % :grinning: 36.8 % 🧥 1.2 % 🙏 0.6 % 😟 1.8 % :cry: 4.1 % :shit: 0.6 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Boiler
youngian wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:31 pm
I might watch the whole thing later. What a Trumpian cunt Johnson is just inventing a fictitious narrative to fill up airtime.
He even wears a Trump-style ultra-long tie (vide Steve Bell)

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Perhaps it is a function of age but I do rather like my Screensaver Moments somewhat later in the afternoon. Truth is, I have done it for years; I put on the wireless and snooze for a half-hour before getting up and toddling off to the supermarket for the evening's comestibles.

It's perhaps not normal but I can assimilate the news without really processing it in any practical or immediate sense. It just goes in.

Anyway, the radio trails of Johnson's transparent lies were shocking enough to haul me back to the here and now.

This is Comical Ali level deceit on an epic scale. How can this even be a thing?

The final reckoning will lie with this monster's fellow travellers and whether they can stomach the tainted ministerial brief. I'd like to think that this might be a tipping point but, there again, I am prone to seeing the best in people and being bitterly disappointed.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
One of the traits of a good man is to see some trace of goodness in others, even when there is none.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:59 pm
One of the traits of a good man is to see some trace of goodness in others, even when there is none.
That's so kind, Mr A. But it is a default mechanism and how I deal with stuff.

(Perhaps that's for another day and another thread.)
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Wouldn't it be great if she stood up & said '[…]

Labour, Generally.

The fears are fuelled by the party’s worsen[…]

Boris Johnson

You know when you wake up on a cold grey wet Octob[…]

Peter Hitchens

I think I'm repeating a point somebody already mad[…]