Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 41.2 % ❤ 2.5 % :thumbsup: 13.4 % 😯 4.2 % :grinning: 29.4 % 🧥 2.1 % 🙏 2.1 % 😟 0.8 % :cry: 3.4 % :shit: 0.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Bones McCoy wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:06 pm
Boiler wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:32 pm
A few years ago I saw adverts for similar outfits on billboards along the M25.

In Essex, naturally.
Tories? or Pimps?
There's a difference?

By Boiler
Bones McCoy wrote:
Boiler wrote:

In Essex, naturally.
Tories? or Pimps?
Sugar Daddies.... :roll:

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:52 pm
Bones McCoy wrote:
Boiler wrote:

In Essex, naturally.
Tories? or Pimps?
Sugar Daddies.... :roll:
Epstein, Weinstein, Maxwell, Windsor.

By Tubby Isaacs

This is in the Sedgfield constituency the Tories have just won. I don't know how much the government could have done about it. Lots of new train vehicles have been ordered, contrary to the impression some Labour politicians like to give. But "feast then famine" funding has in the past been a problem.
Timbo liked this
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
Yes, railway funding has always been a bit like that, a burst of it, then nothing for a long time. There was a binge in the late 50s after the modernisation plan, followed by cut backs, then a bit more in the 80s, funded by sell offs of stuff like hotels and shipping.
Tubby Isaacs liked this

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:21 pm
So when Labour wants to spend a few quid: "Magic Money Tree!!!" shout the Tories.

When Johnson wants to piss cash against the wall:

Torygraph shite.png
Coming soon:
We're not governing over a recession, we've promoted record rates of negative growth.

By Tubby Isaacs
Quite a move from "Ed Balls will bankrupt the country by borrowing for investment". Johnson at this rate will be borrowing for adult social care. Profligate lefty spendthrift Jez didn't propose doing that.
Last edited by Tubby Isaacs on Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
If Labour win in 2025 it'll be because the dire economy with no strategic direction they inherit is all the fault of the Tories. Governments take a hit for economic storms beyond their control so how do voters react to downturns entirely of the PM's own making? Quite well if there's no credible opposition as Johnson's gift of the gab war on reality will go unchallenged in the public consciousness.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
If Johnson has a precipitous downfall, it's more likely to be something trivial that bursts the dam.

Fleet street's (and the BBC's finest) will paper over the cracks in a slowly sinking economy.
They'll continue with business as usual, ignoring anything related to underclass problems (Homessness, poverty, hunger) while spamming their pages full of "Toff stranded at exotic airport" bullshit.
However the pressure will increase, folks of the newly blue north are unlikely to get the miracle they believe they deserve, and nice people's children and grandchildren will suffer under-employment and deposit hoarding slumlords.

Johnson's Achilles heel will always be his loose lips.
He has a gang of apologists who will explain that Picaniny is classical Swahili that he learned at Oxford. (Bones fact of the day: It's derived form Portuguese).
It's all a good old collegiate dorm laugh.

Sometimes it isn't a laugh though, and this era's fascination with breaking news leaves him open to dropping a "funny" in a situation that soon becomes:
Disaster - Hundreds killed - Briton loses eye.

And suddenly it's no longer funny.
He's sailing pretty close to the wind with the Zaghari-Ratcliffe affair.
There are likely to be others.
youngian liked this
Dominic Cummings

So Tigger chucked under the bus. Again. Mind you,[…]

C**t of the day

For people who supposedly care about individual re[…]

The Tories, Generally

Fark me! Look at dem hashtags. It's got to be on[…]

Michael Gove

From comments - oldie, but goodie. https://i.po[…]