Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 41.6 % ❤ 1.2 % :thumbsup: 10.8 % 😯 4.8 % :grinning: 31.3 % 🧥 3 % 🙏 2.4 % 😟 1.2 % :cry: 2.4 % :shit: 1.2 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Boiler
Bones McCoy wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:55 pm
And suddenly it's no longer funny.
He's sailing pretty close to the wind with the Zaghari-Ratcliffe affair.
There are likely to be others.
Funny how everyone - Guardian, Indy and Uncle Tom Cobbley and all - have lost interest in that election interference report, isn't it? Not even the twat element (Novara, Skwawkbox, Canary) seem bothered about it any more. The latter are probably more concerned about that Sainted Jeremy's work getting lobbed on a fucking big bonfire in a few months time.
Catkins liked this

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:25 pm
So, bale out Thomas Cook - no chance.

Bale out FlyBe - no problem.

Question is.... WHY?
As someone was pointing out on BBC2 this morning, Flybe serves several areas of the UK where there's no or limited rail. Possibly, the sort of MPs who would rather take a flight than sit in a car for ninety minutes see it as useful.

That or I'd check the lists of donors, and members' interests.

Sorry. I'm feeling more cynical than usual today.
Boiler liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Rivals from BA have threatened to file an anti-competitive suit with the Commission while they still can. I doubt the actions the government have taken come anywhere near contravening EU state aid or WTO rules. I'll guess FlyBe serve a lot of holiday destinations from regional airports and funtime Boris will make sure you get there this summer. Expect a lot more from him splashing the cash like a Latin American demagogue.
Tubby Isaacs liked this

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
The Red Arrow wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:14 pm
Jersey based, aren't they?
Lux, I read, or at least the holding company.

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
Pretty well all Flybe fights from East Midlands go to Edinburgh or Belfast.......Thinks; Belfast! wonder what's behind that then?
Also I believe they are part owned by Virgin, don't see Branson dipping in his pocket

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
I'm still confused.

Some stories claim that air passenger duty drove them to the brink.
That's a tax that the passenger pays - tacked onto the ticket price.

So what's the deal?
Have FlyBE been sitting on the duty like a bunch of low life VAT carousel fraudsters?
Did the rescue package allow them to hang on to the passenger's tax payments?

I'm genuinely confused by most aspects of business taxation.

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
Watchman wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:01 pm
Pretty well all Flybe fights from East Midlands go to Edinburgh or Belfast.......Thinks; Belfast! wonder what's behind that then?
Also I believe they are part owned by Virgin, don't see Branson dipping in his pocket
Virgin and Stobart are the main 'partners' (if not actually the only ones) of the consortium that bought Flybe for a low figure a couple of years ago.
The Sun

I suppose GPS will replace Droitwich as a freque[…]

Twat of the Day

Even Farage would know about the high price Sikh[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Johnson has been demanding minister present spif[…]

I think this would indeed be fit and proper. Thoug[…]