•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:26 pm
Were you working at the Verne, if you don't mind me asking? I used to work in Prison Service HQ and was involved with deporting lots of people from there on release. Jamaican drug mules were, I'd guess, well over half the people deported
Did literally a few days there, I was on the Weare for a few years, did mainly course time at Erlestoke, Dorchester, Exeter and Shaftesbury. More Mr Barraclough than Mr McKay. :wink:

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
Just a regular guy. A real man of the people. Don't be fooled into thinking he pulled himself up by his bootstraps.

Who is Rishi Sunak, the billionaire banker unexpectedly moving in to 11 Downing Street?
Written by:

Alain Tolhurst

Posted On:
13th February 2020

Rishi Sunak has long been tipped for political greatness - but his appointment as Chancellor still represents a startling rise to the top table for the 39-year-old former banker.
Married to the daughter of one of India’s richest men, he has been dubbed the “Maharaja of the Dales”, and is thought to be the richest person in the House of Commons.

Born in Southampton in 1980 to GP father Yashvir and pharmacist mother Usha, the eldest of three siblings went to the prestigious Winchester College boarding school, where he was head boy.

He went on study at Oxford, getting a first from Lincoln College in PPE – the university course favoured by ambitious future politicians, before getting an MBA from as a Fulbright Scholar at Stanford University in California.

Sunak started his career with investment bank Goldman Sachs before moving to the hedge fund sector, eventually setting up his up his own firm Theleme Partners in 2010 with an initial fund of $700million.
https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/po ... ire-banker

By Oblomov
Is he actually an automaton? I was under the impression he was a spineless yes man as they all have to be in Cummings' construction of the cabinet.

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
How tall is Sunak? I've just seen a clip on the news of him walking along Downing Street alongside the Brexit bloke Stephen Barclay, and Barclay appears to be at least a foot taller than Sunak.

Either Barclay is of Gulliver proportions, or Sunak is Willie Carson's long-lost Indian cousin.

I mean, WTF ?

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
We are asked to buy the story that, at around age 28, this simpering little weed with all the charisma of a pudding was simply entrusted with 700 thousand GBPs to start a hedge fund and strut the markets at will?

Seems legit.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
He certainly did. But that still doesn't explain much.

You install the bright ones as analysts in the city, (good table manners, get the goss.) The maniacs go in to advertising, (can do more drink and drugs than the client so have Komromat.)

The halfwits are shipped off to Knightsbridge and the purgatory that is PR. They are shite at all of the above but can just about fend off the trade press.
The new leader of the Labour Party

On that Military Intervention thing: It is not e[…]

The Guardian

The chances are the Chinese are dumping (state s[…]

Dominic Cummings

Aside from the race shit.... what's his "geop[…]

Boris Johnson

As seems to have been suggested on a BBC SYB - he'[…]