Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 50 % :grinning: 50 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Gentlefish
As much as it pains me, to be fair to Tebbit again he may have met some sort of blowhard who thought that he would try and act tough in front of the old racist as some sort of pathetic macho power trip. If so, it would be inevitable that Tebbit leapt upon this as proof that all Muslims are misogynist psychopaths stockpiling weaponry.

Alternatively it could be a clueless and paranoid reactionary making stuff up of course.
By shyamz
Membership Days Posts
Surprised he thinks people will believe that story, given that it's not likely someone who lied to get himself or a family member into the country would go around telling everyone. And does a job where it would be easy to find him if he were reported.

Plus you don't have to fast at Ramadan, plenty of people don't - including those who aren't all that religious.

Christians don't tend to spend much time trying to promote awareness about the lack of christians giving something up at lent time, funny that.
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Wasn't 'Who governs?' the theme of the 1974 election? (the answer being, 'not you, Ted!')

Didn't the Labour party distance themselves from the NUM as soon as the strike started?

By D.C. Harrison
Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:Didn't the Labour party distance themselves from the NUM as soon as the strike started?
That was what I thought. My mother's family was a mining one, so there was a certain level of animosity towards Kinnock for that. Not as much as towards "that woman", mind.

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I think the jury's still out on whether Kinnock got things strategically wrong in that respect. If Scargill had held a strike ballot, Labour may well have supported the mineworkers.

By D.C. Harrison
Membership Days Posts
Abernathy wrote:I think the jury's still out on whether Kinnock got things strategically wrong in that respect. If Scargill had held a strike ballot, Labour may well have supported the mineworkers.
Oh, Scargill wasn't exactly popular either, I think for that lack of a ballot. My gradpop (a miner of 40 years) thought the man was a total buffoon, and not just for the dubious haircut he attempted to carry off back in those days.

How is Margaret Hodge to know if a particular ab[…]

Labour, Generally.

Not much evidence North East Remain MPs suffered i[…]

No? You must realise that there are separate issue[…]

It's worth pointing out that those who are being s[…]