•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:59 am
The lack of testing is not due to incompetence; it is the plan: herd immunity.
The herd immunity plan, such as it seems to have existed, was for non-vulnerable groups to get it while vulnerable groups were protected. But there hasn't been enough testing to make that work, nowhere near. Just the numbers of vulnerable people infected by staff in care homes and hospitals must be enormous.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:09 pm
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:59 am
The lack of testing is not due to incompetence; it is the plan: herd immunity.
The herd immunity plan, such as it seems to have existed, was for non-vulnerable groups to get it while vulnerable groups were protected. But there hasn't been enough testing to make that work, nowhere near. Just the numbers of vulnerable people infected by staff in care homes and hospitals must be enormous.
Care homes are going to be the story of the week.

Caught some of FM Sturgeon's presser at lunchtime.
Same calm collected delivery.
Today's theme was mental health and a message to the schoolkids.

I'm simply knocked out by the contrast with the UK wide one.
Naughty boys hoping to dodge the blame.
Timbo liked this

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
I'm not judging the Slithy Gove by the books he's read, because I believe he's like most pseudo intellectuals - has shelves full of books with intelligent-sounding titles which he's never read. And the few he has read he didn't understand.

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:09 pm
It was simpler than that, I think. It's non-vulnerable groups to get it, and vulnerable groups told to get out of the way, but via social distancing and shielding (originally). The reason being that as and when old people got ill, the blame could be put on either them for going out or for younger people going to see them and not sticking to the rules.

This is something I'm surprised few places have picked up on. The Cummings masterplan wasn't just do as little as possible while keeping the economy going, it was also to do it in a way that meant the blame for failure could be put on the public.
Tubby Isaacs, spoonman, Timbo and 1 others liked this
By read some orwell
Gove has been unfairly leapt upon by the rabid hard left. As the eminent Stephen Pollard lays out here, one can consume anti-semitic literature without being anti-semitic (provided you haven't already been judged as being an anti-semite).

The lefty trolls are even harassing a prominent rabbi and accusing him of double standards on this. They don't get how it works at all.

Roll Call

There are also law clinics, which aren’t a b[…]

The Tories, Generally

Did he? I thought he didn’t do “gestur[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Tir on a toboggan! Have a read of this. htt[…]

Meanwhile in New Zealand

I'm no expert, but I think Jacina Ardern might jus[…]