•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
It’s gone very quiet on the Cummings front. I wonder if he’s got himself a full beans dose...
I'm guessing it's because shit has got very, very, real....and nows the time to take responsibility for life or death actions.....not some little game you dream up in the tapestry room
mattomac liked this

By Oblomov
Cyclist wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:11 am
Gove lying to us? Who'd have thought!

It's a bit worrying to read about that company in Belfast who have received no orders from the NHS, so has been exporting the testing kits they're making. Just what are our fucking government playing at?
In stark contrast, the French government is seizing mask shipments travelling through France to other countries:

https://www.elmundo.es/espana/2020/04/0 ... b45d9.html

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others:
Anger as Michael Gove managed to get daughter tested while NHS staff still wait

Michael Gove has come under fire after it was revealed his daughter was tested for coronavirus just days after showing symptoms.

The Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster first faced questions after he was photographed jogging in a park while he was believed to be in isolation. His daughter, 17, had shown symptoms of the virus, and under government guidelines, this means members of household need to stay inside for a period of 14 days.

Defending his actions, Gove reportedly said he had received special permission from Chief Medical Officer Chris Whitty to have his daughter tested for Covid-19. She had first shown ‘mild’ symptoms on April 5 and he received permission 24 hours later, the Mail Online reports.

They said: ‘She was tested on Tuesday and the result came back negative on Wednesday afternoon, at which point the household isolation rules no longer applied to the family.’

Gove reportedly told Mr Whitty that testing his daughter would allow him to quickly get back to government duties, despite working from home in recent weeks.
Oblomov liked this

By Oblomov
I'm not sure Gove would without being browbeaten by that shrieking harridan he's married to.
Malcolm Armsteen, Boiler, Watchman and 1 others liked this

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:02 pm
Perhaps I’m in a generous mood but if you were on a position like Gove to pull strings for the sake of the health of your nearest and dearest wouldn’t you do it?
That's how you get Toby Young.
Last edited by Bones McCoy on Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Timbo, Boiler, Malcolm Armsteen and 2 others liked this

By Tubby Isaacs
Gove is the Cabinet Office Minister, so he's going to be important when the Prime Minister is out of action. I'm actually pretty surprised he's not formally the First Secretary instead of Raab.

So I can see why getting him back to regular service might be considered a priority. But why does his daughter get tested, not him?
By satnav
I think when Gove originally went into self isolation he did so because a member of his family was displaying symptoms of the virus, presumably that was his daughter so by getting her tested he can justify coming out of isolation. I would imagine that anybody in government who has been near Boris Johnson over the last couple of weeks will have been tested but they won't be letting on because they know it would cause a political storm.

By Tubby Isaacs
satnav wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:48 am
I think when Gove originally went into self isolation he did so because a member of his family was displaying symptoms of the virus, presumably that was his daughter so by getting her tested he can justify coming out of isolation. I would imagine that anybody in government who has been near Boris Johnson over the last couple of weeks will have been tested but they won't be letting on because they know it would cause a political storm.
I don't get why Gove himself couldn't be tested directly. Even with a personal interest in the testing regime, I can't say I understand it.

What a bloody disaster. https://twitter.com/Ian[…]

He was brilliant when banging on about his rather […]

The Trump Presidency

It feels wrong to laugh at this given the circumst[…]

Roll Call

I'm late to the party on petrol pumps but I first […]