Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 54.5 % ❤ 1.5 % :thumbsup: 7.6 % 😯 3 % :grinning: 28.8 % 🙏 1.5 % :cry: 3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
mr angry manchester wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:41 pm
Gove is to the Tories what Corbyn was to Labour. An unelectable, toxic, weirdo. Personally I think Sunak would probably be their best option, as an added bonus, he would be a get out of jail card for racist twats "im not racist, an Asian is now my party leader"
Sunak poses some interesting questions to the recent influx of UKIPpers.

I'd feel quite sorry for him getting prematurely thrust into the leaders shoes.
Imagine having to take the stand every Wednesday while some halfwit like Grayling of Dorries is butchering the rolldown of your furlough scheme.

The alternative is Patel.
Inexpicably popular on Conservativehome.
Rather lacking in competence in the current job.
Unlilkey to survive smirking through the next five 1000+ fatality days.

By crabcakes_windermere
They probably think Patel would be their Trump because of her mean spiritedness, fetish for power and authoritarianism. However I think she’d collapse in a campaign because of her inability to cover up how absolutely, bone-heatedly stupid she is. Trump somehow gets away with it. I don’t think she would.

By Bones McCoy
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:19 am
They probably think Patel would be their Trump because of her mean spiritedness, fetish for power and authoritarianism. However I think she’d collapse in a campaign because of her inability to cover up how absolutely, bone-heatedly stupid she is. Trump somehow gets away with it. I don’t think she would.
I'd like to think the "Americans don't care about stupid" trope (with the implication that we don't) was true.
200 Vox-Pops form Stoke have cured me of that view.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Nice comment, with which I am sure we can all agree, on Govorrhea, under John Crace's latest piece:

AndyPandy1968
4 hours ago
Guardian Pick

It is almost exactly 5 years since David Cameron gave notice of the brexit referendum, and here we are with 1.5 months to go and still neither our ports nor our businesses nor our customs service or anyone has a clue what the deal is. And who has been there all of this time? Fucking Michael Gove. While Johnson was probably the personality that tipped the balance in both the referendum and the election last December (mainly by lying) it is only fucking Michael Gove who goes back to day one. He is supposed to be the 'brains' behind this, but it is a mess, and it is far far worse than a shambles. Whatever Mr Sharma's shortcomings, they are fairly minor compared to Gove, then Cummings then Johnson. Those 3 more than anyone else have buggered up Britain, and it is all for personal gain. I believe all 3 will live to regret it, and we will see them pay some sort of price with their careers and reputations, but this will not compensate for the vast amount of cost, which includes national reputation, deaths, vast amounts of money, and vast numbers of jobs. And they are the key players to what is going on inside 10 Downing Street right now. Absolute wankers.

By Tubby Isaacs
Probably Gove. Though I've noticed a couple of times that we've heard of Hancock making the right call but being overruled. I expect Hancock did- he's reasonably bright and he's closer to the action than Hilarious Boris- but wouldn't be surprised if he'd done some leaking.

By Andy McDandy
satnav wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:42 pm
It seems rather odd that at the moment Michael Gove was supposedly trying to shut schools his wife was writing an article in the Mail strongly arguing that schools must stay open at all costs.
Kansas city shuffle, gets them every time.

By Andy McDandy
Yeah, I used the American term. But basically, you know you're about to be had, you think you know where it's coming from, then you don't see the actual move until it's too late.
The Trump Presidency

Today's the big Pardon Bonanza Day. I wonder who […]

Jeremy "Fucking off" Corbyn.

Charmless little shit, isn't he?

See also https://www.tes.com/news/coronavirus-onli[…]

"Boris" Johnson

His spokesperson got her first run out to date, re[…]