Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 50.1 % ❤ 3.7 % :thumbsup: 8.7 % 😯 3.8 % :grinning: 24.2 % 🧥 1.1 % 🙏 1.2 % 😟 3.9 % :cry: 3.3 % :shit: 0.2 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Tubby Isaacs wrote:He's claimed that before he became mayor, his predecessor was diverting millions of pounds to the Murdoch empire. What on earth does this mean?
Would that be "Red" (They're so creative with the nicknames) Ken Livingstone. Darling of the Sun.
Just watching Johnson's press conference he's not really big on facts is he? He seems to struggle to remember names of key people, he keeps using the word 'stuff' and when he's really struggling he just completely makes up new words.
satnav wrote:Just watching Johnson's press conference he's not really big on facts is he? He seems to struggle to remember names of key people, he keeps using the word 'stuff' and when he's really struggling he just completely makes up new words.
I have never understood why he is seen as a possible leader, he is a buffoon. The media have treated him gently because he gives good headlines. Its good to see him being grilled for once.
Because a lot of people think he is a good laugh. One of the reasons he was elected in London was that younger voters thought he was amusing.

Ha fucking ha.
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:Because a lot of people think he is a good laugh. One of the reasons he was elected in London was that younger voters thought he was amusing.

Ha fucking ha.
And also because Labour activists thought he was a bit of a joke until they saw the opinion polls.
But this is brilliant.
I love the idea of Boris Dancing!

Unfortunately erroneous copy has been published:
And at exactly the same time in eight other shopping centres across the country shoppers stumbled upon the crazy scenes as children from dance shoes performed the same routine.
What's the chance of our Mayor leading London to success on this score?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-14129576" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This was how he showed his belief in personal responsibility when the issue came up in 2008:
Johnson told the London assembly .... that any fines incurred if the UK government is taken to court should "not be borne by this city" because he said it was the government's fault that London was not compliant in the first place.
Since then he's abolished the Western Congestion Zone and whacked up public transport fares. And not so much talk about the government paying this time. But surely, he's a maverick, who has his differences with Cameron?

Still, those groovy bikes (which weren't even down to him). Fuckwit.
Here we go:
London Mayor Boris Johnson has described his £250,000-a-year pay for a weekly column for the Daily Telegraph as "chicken feed".
He told the BBC's Hard Talk programme that it was wholly reasonable for him take the second salary in addition to about £140,000 he gets as mayor.
He added: "Of course I make a substantial donation to charity".
His comments came as Tory leader David Cameron asked shadow cabinet members to give up their second jobs by December.

I don't see why on a Sunday morning I shouldn't knock off an article - if someone wants to pay me for that article then that's their lookout
Mayor Boris Johnson
When asked about the pay for the articles Mr Johnson said: "It's chicken feed.
"I think that frankly there's absolutely no reason at all why I should not knock off an article as a way of relaxation.
"I write anyway, I happen to write extremely fast.
"I don't see why on a Sunday morning I shouldn't knock off an article - if someone wants to pay me for that article then that's their lookout and of course I make a substantial donation to charity.
The Tories, Generally

I have real trouble trying not to mentally substit[…]

Sir Keir Starmer

No vaccine bounce for Matt Hancock’s party b[…]

"Boris" Johnson

No polling evidence of a vaccine bounce either. Go[…]

Poppy Day bingo

I'm not sure. There's a very thin line between bei[…]