Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 34.2 % ❤ 5.8 % :thumbsup: 10.5 % 😯 3.7 % :grinning: 36.8 % 🧥 1.1 % 🙏 0.5 % 😟 2.1 % :cry: 4.2 % :shit: 1.1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Also, it's entirely possible to make a burger in such a way you can serve it rare with the blessing of the EHO, but most places can't or won't put the work into the process, supply chain, refrigeration, sanitation etc. The usual result of these elf 'n' safety ramblings: It's too much work to avoid potential litigation, so we're blaming someone else.
By randomelement
Membership Days Membership Days
Abernathy wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:32 pm
It's not a good idea to cook and serve a burger rare, because when meat is minced up for a burger, it effectively creates multiple surfaces that can each be affected by bacterial infection, substantial quantities of which make its way, untreated, into the centre of your burger, where, in a burger cooked rare, it can then wreak serious havoc on your intestines and gastric workings.

This does not happen with a steak cooked and served rare, because the bacteria on the external surfaces of the steak are killed during the cooking process, and the interior of the meat remains unaffected by any infection and is therefore safe to eat.

This is possibly the least worrying of Johnson's stupefying instances of ignorance and stupidity.
Burn the heretic, he's using facts, knowledge and logic.

I *believe* my under-cooked burger won't give me food poisoning, therefore it won't :roll:

By Boiler
Abernathy wrote:
It's not a good idea to cook and serve a burger rare, because when meat is minced up for a burger, it effectively creates multiple surfaces that can each be affected by bacterial infection, substantial quantities of which make its way, untreated, into the centre of your burger, where, in a burger cooked rare, it can then wreak serious havoc on your intestines and gastric workings.
Mmmm. Wonder if this is why I was violently sick at the GdN last week, having asked for the burger I had the night before to be cooked 'à point'...? Or maybe it was the excessively powerful harissa paste with my couscous at lunchtime...?
By karlt
Membership Days
Abernathy wrote:

This does not happen with a steak cooked and served rare, because the bacteria on the external surfaces of the steak are killed during the cooking process, and the interior of the meat remains unaffected by any infection and is therefore safe to eat.

This is possibly the least worrying of Johnson's stupefying instances of ignorance and stupidity.
Besides which, I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would want the texture of raw mince in the middle of their burger. I was really surprised when I discovered this was a thing.
Timbo liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
I can’t see how Johnson can avoid a snap election in September. It only needs two more Dominic Grieves to bring him down and he has no practical majority to govern. Voters don’t like squatters and Johnson did a good job of impersonating a serious politician in the first few weeks of his mayoralty before boredom set in.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
No point Johnson going on a chicken run. If he can't win Uxbridge and South Ruislip, he's lost the election badly.

Are there any more votes to be squeezed out of Brunel University for Labour? If the seat wasn't in play last time, I guess lots of students would have voted at home.
The Sun

YouTube isn’t alone in spreading evil. The[…]

Boris Johnson

Massive knob. https://twitter.com/RobDotHutton/[…]

Labour, Generally.

Another ludicrous speak your branes article in the[…]

Er...if they're hidden, how's Johnny Burglar going[…]