Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 32.7 % ❤ 6.8 % :thumbsup: 11.6 % 😯 3.4 % :grinning: 37.4 % 🧥 1.4 % 🙏 0.7 % 😟 1.4 % :cry: 4.1 % :shit: 0.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Arrowhead
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The Red Arrow wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:05 pm
Jeeeeeebus! I lasted about 1 minute before switching the prick off just now.
Sounds like I'm not missing much, then. I know I should be watching, but I just can't summon the enthusiasm.

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:35 pm
Sounds like Hunt performed quite well. I actually quite want him to win, surprisingly so.
Must admit this is only based on a brief conversation with a local Tory member, but he and others have voted for Hunt.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Subjecting the two candidates to the Deadzone* test I can’t see Jeremy Hunt grabbing a baby to shield himself from a sniper. ‬

* Stephen King book/film featuring a dangerous cheeky chappy populist politician who must be stopped at all costs before he wins power and launches a nuclear attack.
Arrowhead liked this

By Arrowhead
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:30 am
Subjecting the two candidates to the Deadzone* test I can’t see Jeremy Hunt grabbing a baby to shield himself from a sniper. ‬

* Stephen King book/film featuring a dangerous cheeky chappy populist politician who must be stopped at all costs before he wins power and launches a nuclear attack.
A Deadzone reimagining of Brexit would be a fun watch. Géza Kovács (Sonny in the original movie) would make a great Seumas Milne, hovering menacingly in the background with an evil smirk across his face the whole time.
youngian liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
KevS wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:02 am
I think with Hunt, it's more a case of least worst option. Problem is, we thought that with May.
Hunt has shown himself to be an appalling lightweight FS as much of a danger to the country as Cameron. Top hits include infuriating the Chinese with lunatic imperial navy aspirations in Asia leading to trade talks cancellation. And comparing the EU to the Soviet Union didn’t go well with a Lithuanian commissioner born in a gulag. Or Tusk who spent his formative years under house arrest. Lucky he’s not an entrepreneur responsible for growing overseas sales.
Labour, Generally.

Yup.

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Didn't he have a drum in Greece once? Maybe he cou[…]

Meanwhile in France

Black Bloc & Gilets Jaunes get gassed? Using a[…]

Question Time

Gammon Logic. What the fucking hell has happene[…]