Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 34.5 % ❤ 6.3 % :thumbsup: 10.3 % 😯 2.9 % :grinning: 36.8 % 🧥 1.1 % 🙏 0.6 % 😟 2.3 % :cry: 4.6 % :shit: 0.6 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
It's Plastic Dave on steroids - being p.m (along with the entitlement and ordering the plebs around bollocks) would be such a jolly good wheeze...

Sorry for those pinning their hopes on Good Queen Bess MkII to stick her oar in.

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
In all sorts of ways, I think it would be refreshing to see Brenda actually doing something in her constitutional role as monarch to help the country, instead of just doing whatever she's told to by whoever the PM is, wearing big shiny hats, opening new community centres, and asking people whether they've come far.
By randomelement
Membership Days Membership Days
That seems about right, that's a perfectly logical position to take, after all she is one of the Lizard People.

I seemed to have got into watching anti flat earth videos on Youtube. I actually learnt some things as people try to explain why the Earth is a globe (Which of course it is).

Anyway no matter what evidence or proof is shown the flat-earthers won't change their minds and the comments they tend to make full of ad-homs with poor grammar, spelling and normally homophobic comments.

It seems strangely familiar.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:20 am
I shall listen to the constitutional wonks with interest to explain to me wtf is going on.
Thank you Vernon

I’d be interested in knowing the legality of an A50 extension request by parliament if Johnson is still digging in as PM after a VoNC.

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
Sounds like the Johnson Junta are itching to cause a constitutional crises forcing a woman in her 90's who role is nominally apolitical having to risk being partisan to make sure shit gets done, one way or the other.

I have another question on the matter. If Johnson refused to step down as PM 14 days after being defeated in a VonC, is it within the power of Parliament to strip Johnson of the priviligies of office to the point that he'd end up being PM in name only? I'm vaguely recalling a story in NI back in the 90's where a Mayor was found by his councillors to be in abuse of his office & position, but refused to resign and could not legally be forced to - so the councillors kept withdrawing his priviligies from the Mayoral office until he was Mayor in name only for a few months before his term was up and a new mayor elected.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
If Johnson refused to step down as PM 14 days after being defeated in a VonC, is it within the power of Parliament to strip Johnson of the priviligies of office to the point that he'd end up being PM in name only?

The PM would be breaking the law if he refused to step down so that would be a coup (an overused word bandied around at the moment).

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
McDonnell seems to have managed to go to Embra and piss off just about everybody - uncanny.

Now he says that if Johnson loses a vote of no confidence, he'll "send Jeremy Corbyn to Buckham Palace to tell the Queen we're taking over".

But if you want to ask Brenda to let you be the government, you need to be able to demonstrate to her that you can command a majority in the House of Commons.

Like Jez could do that.....
spoonman liked this

Sounds like a longshot, sadly. Might not be a bad […]

Labour, Generally.

Doesn't bother me at all either. Nor, I suspect, w[…]

Daily Star front pages

They paint a picture of any life in showbiz being […]

On the Radio

Imagine if the Daily Mail had a Sounds app. Jeez c[…]