Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 32.2 % ❤ 6.8 % :thumbsup: 11.6 % 😯 3.4 % :grinning: 37.7 % 🧥 1.4 % 🙏 0.7 % 😟 1.4 % :cry: 4.1 % :shit: 0.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
How long before the odious Toby Young gets a gig?
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:02 pm
The lefty liberal Police Federation told him off as well.

Never mind, I feel the tide is turning.

By Snowflake
There is serious speculation now over the prospect of him facing jail time if he refuses to comply with a legal ruling, and given that choice I would say it's pretty much nailed on.

https://news.sky.com/story/boris-johnso ... f-11804290

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Seems like three possibilities:

1 - Bunter refuses to sign and there is no extension, he faces the courts. Unlikely.
2 - Bunter passes the responsibility to another member of the Remove and continues to shout 'Yaroo! It wasn't me, chaps!' Much love from the Outlaws. Not sure if that's actually possible.
3 - Bunter legs it, waddles into the sunset as Britain's worst ever prime minister, the Remove fractures for a generation.
Timbo, Boiler liked this

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I likened Boris to Billy Bunter and the Ultras to the Remove.
Interesting to read Wikipedia on Bunter:
On many levels, Bunter's character is deeply unattractive. He is the living embodiment of several of the seven deadly sins: pride, envy, avarice, sloth and, most especially, greed and gluttony. Added to these, Bunter is also inquisitive, deceitful and obtuse. However these traits are softened by Bunter's cheery optimism, his comically transparent untruthfulness and his reliable ineptitude when attempting to conceal his antics from his schoolfellows and schoolmasters.
Bunter's personal habits are lazy and slovenly. He is always the last to rise from his bed in the morning and always chooses to remain in bed for a few extra minutes in preference to washing himself. His handkerchief is permanently filthy and his waistcoat usually displays prominent clues that reveal the ingredients of his breakfast that day.
Bunter himself often uses language that contemporary readers would characterise as racist. However, this attribute applies to Bunter himself rather than the stories in general in which both the protagonists and the narrative of the Greyfriars stories are unusually firm in rejecting racism.
Abernathy, Bones McCoy, Kreuzberger and 2 others liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:31 pm
I likened Boris to Billy Bunter and the Ultras to the Remove.
Interesting to read Wikipedia on Bunter:
On many levels, Bunter's character is deeply unattractive. He is the living embodiment of several of the seven deadly sins: pride, envy, avarice, sloth and, most especially, greed and gluttony. Added to these, Bunter is also inquisitive, deceitful and obtuse. However these traits are softened by Bunter's cheery optimism, his comically transparent untruthfulness and his reliable ineptitude when attempting to conceal his antics from his schoolfellows and schoolmasters.
Bunter's personal habits are lazy and slovenly. He is always the last to rise from his bed in the morning and always chooses to remain in bed for a few extra minutes in preference to washing himself. His handkerchief is permanently filthy and his waistcoat usually displays prominent clues that reveal the ingredients of his breakfast that day.
Bunter himself often uses language that contemporary readers would characterise as racist. However, this attribute applies to Bunter himself rather than the stories in general in which both the protagonists and the narrative of the Greyfriars stories are unusually firm in rejecting racism.

Is this a swipe as Boris Johnson's Churchill biography? Not really about its subject but about Boris Johnson.
The Today Programme

Sadly, I didn't hear this (apologies for the sourc[…]

Momentum

Nobs. https://twitter.com/iainjwatson/status/1174[…]

Janet Street-Porter

This is just really....weird. She's taken one lit[…]

The Sun

Funny how forecasts & reports from the Irish C[…]