Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 32.2 % ❤ 6.8 % :thumbsup: 11.6 % 😯 3.4 % :grinning: 37.7 % 🧥 1.4 % 🙏 0.7 % 😟 1.4 % :cry: 4.1 % :shit: 0.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Timbo
Membership Days Posts
If only there were some sort of ancient parable about a leader who surrounds himself only with those who agree with him. Expect nude Boris to make an appearance imminently, with Dom and Lynton praising him for his choice of the finest invisible silk.

Apologies to those who were eating while reading that, and for the rest of you who will undoubtedly now be trying to fathom a way to poke out your minds eye...

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I believe that's a parody of a photo of Mario Cipolini. He was pretty popular for his flashy nature, but had a marked tendency to spit the dummy and abandon events once it became clear he wasn't getting a win. Fairly rocky history with the womenfolk and a tendency toward the nose candy.

Cipo, on the other hand, was a sprinter for Saeco Cannondale

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
So, the latest wheeze from the Downing Street brains Trust, is to prepare two letters for the EU. One to say "please can we have an extension", with the second one saying "not really!"

This has been shot down in flames by anyone of a legal mind, but it would be amusing if the EU accepted the first letter, but not the second.

By Boiler
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:04 am
I do wonder if people behind the scenes are starting to question why they have to bow down to this weird little man with the crap strategies.
Hang on... I thought this whole fucking omnishambles was because we didn't like being told what to do by unelected officials?

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:19 am
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:04 am
I do wonder if people behind the scenes are starting to question why they have to bow down to this weird little man with the crap strategies.
Hang on... I thought this whole fucking omnishambles was because we didn't like being told what to do by unelected officials?
Yes, but he's their unelected official.

By Boiler
Nicked from elsewhere:
An amusing interview on the BBC with a couple of lawyers about potential ways out of this bill for Boris Johnson. After being questioned about the possibility of sending a second, contradictory letter, both lawyers explained why this wouldn't work, using a number of different and convincing arguments. The BBC interviewer, undeterred, ploughed on; "But I put it to you, it is legal!" "No, it's not!" they exclaimed, exasperated.

The only way out for Boris Johnson by the way, they concluded, was a self-induced coma...

Army ads. Done in such a way as to make out non-ar[…]

Janet Street-Porter

JSP's USP is that she's right about everything. Ev[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

See Farage and his lickspittles have acted like pe[…]

The Sun

Its central bank now reckons a third of its far[…]