Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 34 % ❤ 5.8 % :thumbsup: 10.5 % 😯 3.7 % :grinning: 37.2 % 🧥 1 % 🙏 0.5 % 😟 2.1 % :cry: 4.2 % :shit: 1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Johnson's friends claim he craves to be loved and was shocked when he was first booed. Since then his narcissistic mind has probably created a blocking bubble around him to pretend its not happening.

A 2008 Ken4mayor pitch that fell on deaf ears: "Boris jolly japes won't be funny when he's in charge of a crisis." Mystic Meg wasn't needed to come up with that line.
Last edited by youngian on Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:04 pm
Is he really going to debate Jez twice? He will get slaughtered. Like Cameron in 2010, he imagines himself a sharp debater. He'd have been better copying the 2015 Cameron and avoiding debates.
Spooked by the backlash against May doing it in 2017?

By Tubby Isaacs
bluebellnutter wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:11 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:04 pm
Is he really going to debate Jez twice? He will get slaughtered. Like Cameron in 2010, he imagines himself a sharp debater. He'd have been better copying the 2015 Cameron and avoiding debates.
Spooked by the backlash against May doing it in 2017?
Maybe. He could have surely got away with debates with Uncle Tom Cobleigh and all, leaving no time to be taken apart by one opponent.

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
Much depends on how much gammon is bussed in to have their disproportionate say.

Talking of proportional representation, I saw a popular tweet suggesting Blackford, Swinson, Price, Foster and Lucas could squeeze too-close-for-comfortably onto a three seater sofa in a Rising Damp style set and do a 'gogglebox' watching the debates.
youngian liked this

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
The Red Arrow wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:38 pm
Much depends on how much gammon is bussed in to have their disproportionate say.

Talking of proportional representation, I saw a popular tweet suggesting Blackford, Swinson, Price, Foster and Lucas could squeeze too-close-for-comfortably onto a three seater sofa in a Rising Damp style set and do a 'gogglebox' watching the debates.
I would pay to watch that.
spoonman liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Samanfur wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:02 pm
Protesters were allegedly chanting "He hasn't got the balls":
Somerset will be feeling Doncaster's pain so that wasn't the best destination to retreat to. And where does he go in a county with many Tory strongholds that'll give him safe passage; Glastonbury to be barracked by hippies.
By satnav
After Boris was roundly berated by the good people of Yorkshire, ITV News had the gaul to say that he received a mixed reaction and by way of balance featured a clip of a SNP supporter heckling Jeremy Corbyn to show that both leaders had had a bad day. Surely there is a big difference between members of the public rightly being angry with the PM and a political activist heckling a speech.

I also saw Andrew Pierce on GMB this morning trying to defende Boris on the grounds that no government could have dealt properly with the current flooding because it was of 'biblical proportions'. This seems quite a risky strategy to adopt because what will happen if we have a number of other weather events of 'biblical portions' over the next 5 weeks?

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
I take issue with him being referred to as the father of...

Real father's spend time with their children, and are fully cognisant of the words of important things like nursery rhymes and kiddies' songs.

Johnson is just the sperm-donor of an indeterminate number of children.
Samanfur, The Red Arrow liked this
2019 General Election

Parody, my arse - this is journalism. An extremel[…]

The Ma*l in microcosm. This is why we are where we[…]

Meanwhile in America

'Murica. It isn't all mass-shootings. Florida Cou[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Hero Jez could have handed over to someone better.