Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 39.8 % ❤ 4.1 % :thumbsup: 8.6 % 😯 4.1 % :grinning: 32.3 % 🧥 0.7 % 🙏 0.7 % 😟 5.2 % :cry: 3.7 % :shit: 0.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:44 pm
At some point soon - and it’s coming - Johnson and Cummings will have an immense falling out. Boris will be furious he is not seen as the great statesman/best chum hybrid he thinks he should be. Cummings will be furious his 4D chess schemes are being implemented badly (as he sees it) and keep backfiring. They will both blame the other.
Starting to think I should play the lottery more often.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:01 pm
I can't see it meself. If Cummings can remain in contempt of Parliament without sanction, what can be done?
Pure speculation on my part, (when is it ever not?), but this really doesn't look good for Cummings. That Contempt rap will have been banked for a rainy day. This, notwithstanding, Johnson needs a fall guy and his press will eagerly play along.

The fact that the rest of us know that this is bollocks, and that the Prime Minister himself, his hand on the tiller, means very little, given the febrile partizanship of the press. I am also not buying the suggestion that Cummings knows where the bodies are buried and that this is his insurance policy - sure he does, but he needs a platform for that, a platform which he will be denied.

In other circumstances, ones which don't include an 80-seat majority, I would take comfort in the fact that this disastrous episode would see the tories consigned to the bin for ever more, and would possibly even see Brexit reversed, owing to the criminality that a disgraced Cummings could confirm with a side-order of dodgy roubles.

We are completely fucked.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:16 pm
A sacking at this stage would undermine public confidence in a government that hardly deserves it. What’s the point of making a cabinet member who’s been around the PM the designated survivor? Send for Francois after all.
Just conjured the vision of Francois having to re-populate the UK..

Not nice...
Roll Call

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fltlECfjVvU/T_ChlaHJWQI[…]

The Sun

Four years ago it was "They're after more […]

Dominic Raab

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/04/07/12/141671[…]

Sir Keir Starmer

I"m sure there will be those who will now say[…]