Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 49 % ❤ 3.6 % :thumbsup: 9.4 % 😯 3.2 % :grinning: 25.2 % 🧥 1.2 % 🙏 1.2 % 😟 4.1 % :cry: 3 % :shit: 0.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I'm glad someone else thought that, too.

Allegedly, he'll be video-conferencing from home, but it does give him an excuse not to do any of that pesky non-stage managed stuff for a significant amount of the time that parliament isn't in session.
oboogie, Oblomov liked this

By Boiler
Samanfur wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:45 am
I'm glad someone else thought that, too.

Allegedly, he'll be video-conferencing from home, but it does give him an excuse not to do any of that pesky non-stage managed stuff for a significant amount of the time that parliament isn't in session.
Steve Bell's recent If... strips come true.

By Bones McCoy
Samanfur wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:22 am
Our part-time PM has coronavirus, according to multiple news outlets.

Contact tracing his little black book may prove interesting.

But on a more serious note, hopefully his missus and the baby will be fine.
That's scotched the rumour that marching powder might offer protection.

By crabcakes_windermere
The Red Arrow wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:39 am
Call me a suspicious, uncaring ol' bastard if you like, but...saves him doing difficult interviews and press briefings, eh, kids? You know how much he loves those. :wink:
I'd agree, if it weren't for 1 thing - this is a one-shot excuse, and if it IS an excuse then he's taken it early, will be non-infectious next week and back in front of the cameras more or less when things are expected to start peaking. If this is a wheeze, it's a "classic Dom" one.
Oblomov liked this

By KevS
It's well known that I am no fan of our Prime Minister, but those complaining that he's had a test when others haven't need to give their heads a wobble. He's Prime Minister for flips sake!

It wouldn't have mattered if it was him, Corbyn, Farage or Bruno Brookes as Prime Minister, they're always going to want to make sure about the one in charge isn't likely to become delirious in the middle of Cobra, announce to everybody he's Merlin the Happy Pig, and start his next press conference with the words "Zebra jam jar marzipan balloon wheeeeeeee" before outlawing lemon curd.

He has probably been tested every day or two due to his position. However, the fact that front line health workers cannot get tested is, I agree, wholly unacceptable.
oboogie, Cyclist, spoonman and 1 others liked this

By Kreuzberger
KevS wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:42 pm

It wouldn't have mattered if it was him, Corbyn, Farage or Bruno Brookes as Prime Minister...
I'm old enough to remember when the suggestion that any of these four could be PM would be met by gales of laughter.

Not funny, is it?

By davidjay
Kreuzberger wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:02 pm
KevS wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:42 pm

It wouldn't have mattered if it was him, Corbyn, Farage or Bruno Brookes as Prime Minister...
I'm old enough to remember when the suggestion that any of these four could be PM would be met by gales of laughter.

Not funny, is it?
There's one of them would make a decent fist of it.
Meanwhile in France

Hearing about a knife attack near the former Char[…]

Boris Johnson

... has everyone given up expecting him to be co[…]

Richard Littlejohn

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-8770719[…]

That'll bring the voters back, Lexiters (as I th[…]