Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 47 % ❤ 3.6 % :thumbsup: 8.8 % 😯 3.5 % :grinning: 27.2 % 🧥 0.7 % 🙏 1.2 % 😟 4.8 % :cry: 3 % :shit: 0.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
#booforboris has triggered some remarkable responses from grudge-bearing self-proclaimed brexiteers claiming that lefty remainers are politicising something. Fark me! This one gives Brexit poetry an even worse name...or have I fallen into a right-wing Trevor Bastard Extended Universe?

There once was a fuckwit named Jo
Who thought she'd give poetry a go
The resultant exctreta
Became a main feature
In lessons on setting bars low

...I'd leave it to the professionals. :wink:

By Boiler
The Red Arrow wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:37 pm
#booforboris has triggered some remarkable responses from grudge-bearing self-proclaimed brexiteers claiming that lefty remainers are politicising something. Fark me! This one gives Brexit poetry an even worse name...or have I fallen into a right-wing Trevor Bastard Extended Universe?

There once was a fuckwit named Jo
Who thought she'd give poetry a go
The resultant exctreta
Became a main feature
In lessons on setting bars low

...I'd leave it to the professionals. :wink:
Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings, eat your heart out.
Last edited by Boiler on Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By davidjay
The Red Arrow wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:45 pm
That's one scary feed. Got to be a piss-taker, surely?
It doesn't seem so. There's a lot of them who think we should unite beind Boris because he's in charge and as I said last week, the government and the country have become intertwined.

I do find it funny that one of their common charges is Corbyn should self-isolate as he's a potential strain on the emergency services. He's not the one who's caught it.
Boiler liked this
By satnav
Apparently Boris is now writing to every household in Britain to warn of the risk of Coronavirus and the consequences of ignoring government advice. I seem to remember that the last time he government wrote to members of the pubic warning of the consequences of Brexit 17 million people ignored the contents of the letter.
By satnav
I feel sorry for the posties who have got to deliver all these letters, there are lots of posties already off work ill and piling on all these extra work will only make the situation worse. Why does the government have to write to everybody when there are briefings on the TV every night relaying the same information?

By Snowflake
The virus can live on surfaces. Apparently not for very long, days at the most but is this really the sensible thing to even think about doing, as said when advice is all over the media anyway.

Plus haven't Royal Mail staff already overwhelmingly voted once in favour of strike action?

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
satnav wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:02 am
Why does the government have to write to everybody when there are briefings on the TV every night relaying the same information?
Not everybody in the country has a television (sticks hand up), and not everybody who does will be watching these briefings.

At least a mailshot to every household in the country ensures everyone receives the information. What the recipients do with it is up to them.

By KevS
And that's the thing - think of what happens when we have heavy snowfall. It doesn't matter how many times it's mentioned in the press, on the news, in the weather forecasts. People could have Stav Danaos on top of a double decker bus with the word "snow" on it, whilst wearing a jumper with the word "snow" on it come crashing through the bay windows whilst yelling "it's going to fucking snow!", and you can guarantee some twat will still have to be rescued on Snake Pass because they didn't know it was going to happen.

People are thick.
Cyclist, Oblomov, EnigmaMK liked this
Roll Call

I'm late to the party on petrol pumps but I first […]

Aye, you cold never accuse old Brian of being half[…]

The Trump Presidency

Sorry about the source, I was tidying my webmail u[…]

Michael Gove

I know some Besiktas fans still dining out on the […]