Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 47 % ❤ 3.6 % :thumbsup: 8.8 % 😯 3.5 % :grinning: 27.2 % 🧥 0.7 % 🙏 1.2 % 😟 4.8 % :cry: 3 % :shit: 0.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By AOB
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:37 pm

In a sort of lowest-incidence areas first and working its way backwards to the major cities?
I'd assume so. I read an article on the Guardian site looking at various suggestions. One was under 30s back to work first, they number around 4.5m I think it said. I suppose that would depend on the nature of the work, some employers might not want their young 20somethings running the show in the absence of more experienced colleagues. There's the issue of schools as well possibly with staggered returns. The article pointed out primary schools returning would be more beneficial to working parents, but secondary schools returning would be more beneficial to pupils, not least for mental health reasons.

By Kreuzberger
  • When to end this lockdown?
    Furloughing?
    Peaks. Flattening curves, smoothing-out curves?
This is news management, pure and simple. It is the upshot of how Government needs to deal with a public which has been gaslit to believe that there are definitive answers to complex, often unanswerable questions.

Yes, I know that I am stating the bleedin' obvious but, soon, they are going to be compelled to address the question of how grown-up explanations re-enter the discourse. "Compelled" in normal times but these times are unlike any which have gone before.

This troupe of illusionists and entertainers have no choice other than to keep the circus going.
Bones McCoy, AOB liked this

By Arrowhead
If any of you heard a small explosion somewhere in the distance at around eight o'clock this evening, it was almost certainly the sound of me blowing my top at my Mum. According to her, "everybody has fallen in love with Boris because he's shown he is brave and a great fighter" and "he'd already had a really difficult couple of years because of Brexit and the GE".

I can't really put my own Mum in the Fucknuggets thread, so here will have to suffice :x
youngian, Snowflake, AOB liked this

By Snowflake
youngian wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:15 pm
The Red Arrow wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:40 pm
I’ve been avoiding BBC coverage of Johnson (especially Kuennsberg, Robinson and Smith) is it bad?
I've pretty much given up on all the TV news coverage now. Sky just seems to be an endless procession of people reporting from in front of cams.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:15 pm
The Red Arrow wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:40 pm
I’ve been avoiding BBC coverage of Johnson (especially Kuennsberg, Robinson and Smith) is it bad?
Prepare a sickbag before you peep.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Arrowhead wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:28 pm
If any of you heard a small explosion somewhere in the distance at around eight o'clock this evening, it was almost certainly the sound of me blowing my top at my Mum. According to her, "everybody has fallen in love with Boris because he's shown he is brave and a great fighter" and "he'd already had a really difficult couple of years because of Brexit and the GE".

I can't really put my own Mum in the Fucknuggets thread, so here will have to suffice :x
Did you remind your mum Johnson’s a reckless piece of shit who’s endangered everyone around him because he doesn’t think he has to obey the rules like little people? And there’s never been any consequences for him until now.

By davidjay
youngian wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:07 am
Arrowhead wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:28 pm

Did you remind your mum Johnson’s a reckless piece of shit who’s endangered everyone around him because he doesn’t think he has to obey the rules like little people? And there’s never been any consequences for him until now.
There's no point. The mass devotion is beyond all sense and reasoning. We are now seeing Trump's quote about being able to shoot people in Times Square being played out in front of our eyes. The more who die, the more Johnson is idolised.

By The Red Arrow
Couldn't find the "Exceptionalism" thread. Just as at home here...

And while I'm here...
Almost 1,000 have died in the last 24 hours... but @BBCNews
wants us to know that @BorisJohnson
just had his first jelly and is catching up on Netflix and the world is alright #COVIDー19

Totally appropriate to celebrate Boris feeling better whilst 1000's die though.

By Boiler
And now we have Handoncock saying the NHS is using/ordering too much PPE.

I hope to God Starmer rips these fuckers a new one in due course. Can't expect a journalist to do this - "what flavour jelly did the Prime Minister have?" is about the level we'll get.
Snowflake liked this
Roll Call

Sheringham and Blakeney Point. What a wonderful wa[…]

Michael Gove

I know some Besiktas fans still dining out on the […]

The Trump Presidency

Tr*mp now claiming that the actions of his support[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Only the dead have seen the end of Brexit https[…]