Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 48 % ❤ 3.3 % :thumbsup: 9.5 % 😯 3.3 % :grinning: 26.1 % 🧥 0.7 % 🙏 1 % 😟 4.8 % :cry: 3 % :shit: 0.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
There might be a powerful message in the LOTO speaking regularly whilst portraying Boris as idle, shifty, in hiding and generally knobbing about.

Also - is this like a PPB? Do the opposition parties get a right to reply? If not, it's a free PPB every week (or day) for the PM.

By Boiler
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:02 am
Also - is this like a PPB? Do the opposition parties get a right to reply? If not, it's a free PPB every week (or day) for the PM.
I suspect that once they've appointed their own Kellyanne Conway/Sean Spicer/KayleighMcEnany it will somehow be classed as a mission to inform that needs no right of reply. The broadcasters are going to fucking love this as automation doesn't like being dicked around at random.

By Boiler
From https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... l#comments
Screenshot_2020-07-29 Boris Johnson advertises for £100,000 spokesperson(1).png
Screenshot_2020-07-29 Boris Johnson advertises for £100,000 spokesperson(1).png (19.68 KiB) Viewed 336 times

Highest-rated comments, by the way.

By crabcakes_windermere
I suspect this is Johnson wanting to get away from scrutiny/work and partly a Cummings wheeze as then he can bung out lines directly through the new official mouthpiece, but at the same time I can also see it backfiring spectacularly. The US are used to it with the President, and it's a different setup anyway. Over here, it's 100% going to be "Backroom Boris".

They'll also probably appoint some crushingly awful crony who thinks they're a great orator, like Delingpole or Darren Grimes, who'll fuck up within a week.

By Oblomov
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:02 am
There might be a powerful message in the LOTO speaking regularly whilst portraying Boris as idle, shifty, in hiding and generally knobbing about.
I'd like to think so but I fear a portion of Johnson's fan base probably admire him for being paid to skive about and probably have similar aspirations themselves. Contributes to his Ledj status innit.

By Oblomov
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:41 am
They'll also probably appoint some crushingly awful crony who thinks they're a great orator, like Delingpole or Darren Grimes, who'll fuck up within a week.
If it's the former, I hope there's several recreations of this:

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Oblomov wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:16 pm
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:41 am
If it's the former, I hope there's several recreations of this:

Dick and Dom have let 'emselves go..

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:54 am
Tufton Street bag carrier Chloe Westley is ideal; telegenic, delivers her lines and too thick to argue with.
It rather depends whether Kuenssberg's willing to swap her BBC salary for a seat and #1 and a pay cut.

(Edited: Same job, less money, a bit more Boris time and possible gong at the end).
Last edited by Bones McCoy on Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Bones McCoy wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:48 am
youngian wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:54 am
Tufton Street bag carrier Chloe Westley is ideal; telegenic, delivers her lines and too thick to argue with.
It rather depends whether Kuenssberg's willing to swap her BC salary for a sat and #1 and a pay cut.
Eh?
Boris Johnson

https://mobile.twitter.com/alanferrier/status/1291[…]

The Tories, Generally

The other week I tried to put down some though[…]

Meanwhile, in Lebanon

On conspiracy theories... https://www.bbc.co.uk/n[…]

Roll Call

It certainly seems to be making my local takeaway […]