Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 49.3 % ❤ 3.5 % :thumbsup: 9 % 😯 3.6 % :grinning: 25.1 % 🧥 1.2 % 🙏 1.1 % 😟 4.1 % :cry: 2.8 % :shit: 0.2 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:20 pm
The Red Arrow wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:14 am
Another Putinesque photo. Will the real dumbbell please stand up?

When the Express bumps a heatwave off their FP headline they’re worried.
"In just seven days, I can make you a maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!"

By Kreuzberger
The Red Arrow wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:14 am
Another Putinesque photo. Will the real dumbbell please stand up?

Oh, well.
Britain’s economy will be officially declared in recession this week for the first time since the 2008 financial crisis, as the coronavirus outbreak plunges the country into the deepest slump on record.

Figures from the Office for National Statistics on Wednesday are expected to show gross domestic product (GDP), the broadest measure of economic prosperity, fell in the three months to June by 21%.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/ ... es-ramp-up

By crabcakes_windermere
Ah, so this will be why a few hundred poor people in boats is suddenly a national crisis.

It's not going to be long before Johnson will literally be throwing a dead cat on a table. The problem for the Tories is things are getting so bad they're trying to avert attention away from the political equivalent of when that town accidentally set off all its fireworks simultaneously with someone maniacally waving a gas lighter screaming "Look at this fuck-off inferno!".

By Oblomov
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:46 pm
The boats are all No Deal Brexit fodder, aren't they? Along with taking back control of fishing and trade deals with New Zealand.
If the abject performance of Sally-Ann Hart on C4 news just now is anything to go by, it absolutely is.

By Tubby Isaacs
Oblomov wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:49 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:46 pm
The boats are all No Deal Brexit fodder, aren't they? Along with taking back control of fishing and trade deals with New Zealand.
If the abject performance of Sally-Ann Hart on C4 news just now is anything to go by, it absolutely is.
I'd never heard of her till now. I see she replaced Rudd in Hastings and Rye. Is it another Joy Morrissey- Dominic Grieve deal?

By Kreuzberger
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:31 pm

I'd never heard of her till now. I see she replaced Rudd in Hastings and Rye. Is it another Joy Morrissey- Dominic Grieve deal?
I have just watched that C4 interview. Heaven knows I'm miserable now.
Tubby Isaacs liked this

By Andy McDandy
Under investigation for Islamophobia, and suggested that mentally ill people shouldn't be paid the national minimum wage. Seems to be a professional cunt.

By Kreuzberger
Andy McDandy wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:07 pm
Under investigation for Islamophobia, and suggested that mentally ill people shouldn't be paid the national minimum wage. Seems to be a professional cunt.

Laura Ashley curtains, check.
Mock Regency tallboy, check.
Pearl necklace, doubtfully.
The Tories, Generally

No it isn't. It's his job and duty to do those thi[…]

Meanwhile in America

Mitch McConnell will go down as one of the greates[…]

Boris Johnson

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-546[…]

Labour, Generally.

That's the busiest part of the existing networ[…]