Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 49.1 % ❤ 3.4 % :thumbsup: 9.7 % 😯 3.3 % :grinning: 25 % 🧥 1.2 % 🙏 0.9 % 😟 4.2 % :cry: 2.9 % :shit: 0.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:06 pm
I'm seeing on Twitter that there are rumours (multiple sources, apparently) that Johnson will resign once no-deal Brexit is achieved.

Then who? Rarb? Ricky Sunshine? Pove?

>shudders<
It doesn’t matter at that point - it’s an election-losing patsy so Labour can clean up the mess before whoever really wants the job puts their hat in the ring

By davidjay
At some time in the future, when asked when it was that Britain went from second-rate power to banana republic minus the bananas, scholars will point to the moment when the Prime Minister, the successor to Pitt, Gladstone, Lloyd George, Churchill and Atlee, sat in the mother of parliaments looking like a schoolboy who'd been caught stealing penny chews from the tuck shop.
Last edited by davidjay on Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By spoonman
I'm starting to think the the 'murican ideal of the "tree of liberty being watered by the blood of tyrants" is starting to somewhat hold value, were it not for the fact that almost all in the USA that hold such a view actually support tyrants. A temporary quasi-dictatorship essentially passed their enabelling act tonight.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
I can only assume this is written in the hope that the readers didn't actually watch it. It sure takes a brass neck to try and paint it out as if it was Miliband that looked bad during that exchange. And I'd be frankly utterly embarrassed to try and drag up the bacon sandwich bollocks again.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (32.7 KiB) Viewed 112 times

By Malcolm Armsteen
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:11 am
I can only assume this is written in the hope that the readers didn't actually watch it. It sure takes a brass neck to try and paint it out as if it was Miliband that looked bad during that exchange. And I'd be frankly utterly embarrassed to try and drag up the bacon sandwich bollocks again.

Capture.JPG
Any relation to Bill Deedes, I wonder.
Boris Johnson

Tomorrow's papers will tell us how far they are […]

Meanwhile in America

Actually, to be fair, he has to beat Kelly Loeffle[…]

Owen Jones

Some of them probably had memories of the elected […]

The Tories, Generally

This is an area where the Tories - by schmoozing a[…]