Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 49.6 % ❤ 3.3 % :thumbsup: 9.4 % 😯 3.5 % :grinning: 24.6 % 🧥 1.2 % 🙏 1.2 % 😟 3.9 % :cry: 3.1 % :shit: 0.2 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By KevS
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
With Italy not on the quarantine list, I guess to be fair he hasn't technically done anything wrong, but the theories are circulating:

1. Secret christening of young Wilf
2. Visit to Lebedev
3. Visit to violin lady.
4. All of the above.

By Bones McCoy

By crabcakes_windermere
Hmm. Given the turn against Johnson in his usually friendly press, and this Corbyn-like level of popularity:

I wonder if he might actually have gone to Italy, and is now dealing with a leaker in his cabinet who has eyes on his job. Beady, weaselly, backstabbing eyes paid for by one R. Murdoch.
oboogie liked this

By Kreuzberger
Poor old Perugia. A deliciously proud and fine, yet unremarkable city which does a mean line in chocolate. Baci are from there and their only recent claim to notability was the signing of Gaddafi's son to the local fitba team when they looked to be making waves in Seria B. It didn't work out.

Other than that, nix, nada, nuffink. Nearby Trasimeno with its volcanic cones is said to be the setting for the Mona Lisa, Assisi - nuff said apart from the veneration of Santa Chiara who was simultaneously Francis' squeeze and a proto-feminist. Todi to the south is the birthplace of the Slow Food movement.

The whole deal with Umbria was that it was hidden in plain sight - Bevagna for the Romanesque churches, Foloigno for the music (and the castrati), Spoleto for oil and the lentil soup, Norcia for the cured meats, San Terenziano for the apartment we should have bought, Montefalco for the brutally weighty Sagrantino vino, even Marsciano for the Majolica - but those calico-suited wannabe colonialists never gave it a second look on their way to Tuscany.

I loved Umbria. We used to go there two or three times a year to unwind, and for me to learn Italian and to become a better cook. My daughter was co-opted as the Baby Jesus at a village festival one Christmas. We discovered a worth beyond our Little British horizons. Self-imposed, of course. I have much to thank Umbria for.

Tories and Russians; they will destroy everything they don't understand. Notably, the area is prone to earthquakes.

By The Red Arrow
She's trending on twitter. Sad state of affairs if she's being lauded as giving the speech of a distinguished career. Still, if it shows Alex up for the lying clueless prick he is, who am I to grumble? But never forget the role she played in this fiasco, groovers.
spoonman liked this

By Tubby Isaacs
I don't often say this, but I think her memoirs might be interesting. It looks from the outside like she thought "they'll fold" then "oh fuck, they haven't, better try and do a deal". Maybe she calculated she could get a majority on the back of the hardline stuff that would have helped her get her deal through, I don't know. Even giving her the benefit of the doubt, there was totally unnecessary "citizens of nowhere" and "queue jumpers" bollocks.

Talking of her deal, it's easy to say Labour should have backed it, but we now know we couldn't have relied on the government to stick to it. So it's not so clear that Labour missed a trick.

By Boiler
The Red Arrow wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:07 pm
She's trending on twitter. Sad state of affairs if she's being lauded as giving the speech of a distinguished career. Still, if it shows Alex up for the lying clueless prick he is, who am I to grumble? But never forget the role she played in this fiasco, groovers.
The Tories, Generally

What's Amanda Milling done that's upset them? Why […]

US election 2020

I don’t have high expectations of the Trum[…]

Sir Keir Starmer

Hard right tax cutters don’t let deficit[…]

Brexination-1.jpg