Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 49.4 % ❤ 3.5 % :thumbsup: 9.1 % 😯 3.5 % :grinning: 25.1 % 🧥 1.2 % 🙏 1.1 % 😟 4.1 % :cry: 2.9 % :shit: 0.2 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Starmer's conference speech has been moved to 9am tomorrow, so he can get back to Parliament for Johnson explaining himself to MPs before he speaks to the nation - or at least, broadcasts his pre-recorded burble - at 8pm.

It sounds as though we're going to have an interesting day.
Abernathy, oboogie liked this

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts LikeBB
I do often struggle with Cold War Steve's semiotics.

A river of arse-gravy, pouring through a number ten frontage that his been modified into a tunnel entrance, sweeping out Johnson, Cummings, IDS, and presumably Dido Harding on a skeletal racehorse. All watched over by Steve out of Eastenders.

Can anyone guide me through the symbolism ?

By The Red Arrow
Quentin reckons that at its' base level, the artist has depicted with some veracity, a once-functioning - if archaic - centre of government has now become an outlet for raw sewage. Human sewage. An overdue portrayal that the government has tanscended being merely shit at what they do, they have become sewage in human form. Perhaps they always were.
oboogie liked this

By oboogie
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Abernathy wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:12 pm
All watched over by Steve out of Eastenders.
Pedant alert: That's Phil Mitchell out of Eastenders.
Steve Mitchell was a Rockabilly I worked with in 1981. As far as I am aware Cold War Steve has never seen fit to include Steve Mitchell in his artwork.

By Boiler
Posts LikeBB
oboogie wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:37 am
Abernathy wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:12 pm
All watched over by Steve out of Eastenders.
Pedant alert: That's Phil Mitchell out of Eastenders.
Steve Mitchell was a Rockabilly I worked with in 1981. As far as I am aware Cold War Steve has never seen fit to include Steve Mitchell in his artwork.
Errrr... the actor who plays Phil Mitchell is called Steve McFadden.

By Abernathy
The Red Arrow wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:35 pm
Quentin reckons that at its' base level, the artist has depicted with some veracity, a once-functioning - if archaic - centre of government has now become an outlet for raw sewage. Human sewage. An overdue portrayal that the government has tanscended being merely shit at what they do, they have become sewage in human form. Perhaps they always were.
Bless you, 'Arrer. Knew I could rely on your interpretation.
oboogie, Oblomov liked this
The Tories, Generally

As someone said on there, paraphrased - the worst[…]

US election 2020

https://twitter.com/EricTrump/status/1319672735035[…]

Priti Patel

Oh my God. It's a rather high profile case, at a r[…]

Peter Hitchens

And extremely intelligent, and a critical thinker.