Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 49.9 % ❤ 3.7 % :thumbsup: 8.8 % 😯 3.6 % :grinning: 24.8 % 🧥 1.1 % 🙏 1.1 % 😟 3.6 % :cry: 3.1 % :shit: 0.2 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
satnav wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:22 pm
Laura Kuenssberg has now basically revealed all the measures that Johnson is going to announce in 3 hours time. What an absolute joke.
At least she's consistent.
What with her and Pesto foreshadowing every government move.

Makes you wonder how much work's left behind for Allegra Stratton.
mattomac liked this

By Kreuzberger
"Ignored it until it was too bad, and Nicola had done something in Scotland"
Anyone who doesn't get themselves a temporary address in Scotland, come the second referendum, needs their fucking head tested.

Anyone who doesn't set up a facility for PO Box addresses for individuals, likewise.

By Kreuzberger
Boris Johnson's address to the nation!
Why do the media persist with this linguistic Churchillian charade? The daft cunt couldn't find a beach if he tried, let alone fight anyone on it.

By Tubby Isaacs
mattomac wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:47 pm
Actually what is Stratton actually do, I assumed she was the figurehead for government announcements but she hasn’t done one yet.

In the end did she just replace the two arsecheeks Cain and Cummings?
I'm not sure I understand it either. I assumed it was going to be like US politics where a well-known spokesperson does briefings that get televised. Yet as far as I know, her briefings so far haven't been televised. I've only heard of them because I happened to be on the Guardian liveblog when one of them was happening. Why do you need a high profile broadcast journalist for that?

Looks rather like she was hired so that Johnson did even less work. Obviously, he's going to do stuff like tonight himself, but I reckon Allegra's going to be doing stuff to replace not just anonymous briefings but also press conferences that the PM should do.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Maybe Stratton’s offering top level media training. Johnson was consciously trying not to grin on Marr. Also noticed the PM’s watch was highly visible on his broadcast last night. Because Boris is the punctual hard working leader on top of his game.

Can’t see this post is going to do much for Allegra’s future career prospects in political journalism. A PR spokesperson for an industry the public hate awaits. Like Angela Knight.

By Bones McCoy
youngian wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:28 am
Maybe Stratton’s offering top level media training. Johnson was consciously trying not to grin on Marr. Also noticed the PM’s watch was highly visible on his broadcast last night. Because Boris is the punctual hard working leader on top of his game.

Can’t see this post is going to do much for Allegra’s future career prospects in political journalism. A PR spokesperson for an industry the public hate awaits. Like Angela Knight.
Top level media training: Sounds like a euphemism for blowjobs.

Industry the public hate: I forsee a growth sector here once Brexit's deregulation kicks in.

By Andy McDandy
Apparently so. He can't u-turn again so quickly, can he? Even the client press would have trouble spinning that one. Or has Stratton convinced him that maybe taking a few underarm questions might just help a little?

Possibly announcing a few sackings? Williamson seems ripe for plucking. Seems he was sitting on data showing teachers were at massively increased risk.

By Boiler
Andy McDandy wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:52 am
Possibly announcing a few sackings? Williamson seems ripe for plucking. Seems he was sitting on data showing teachers were at massively increased risk.
Yeah, 'cos THAT'S gonna happen... :roll: Get real Andy, this lot will "stick together in the national interest". Best thing that could happen involves a "fragging".
James Delingpole

Even by Delingpole's standards, this is batshit. […]

"Boris" Johnson

As opposed to the Half-wit House in Downing Street[…]

Jeremy "Fucking off" Corbyn.

I'd rather have him inside the tent pissing out.[…]

The Tories, Generally

I had a very good RS teacher in school he was a bi[…]