Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 50.1 % ❤ 3.7 % :thumbsup: 8.7 % 😯 3.8 % :grinning: 24.2 % 🧥 1.1 % 🙏 1.2 % 😟 3.9 % :cry: 3.3 % :shit: 0.2 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
 
By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
#637769
It's not that he is wearing PPE that gets my goat (we'd soon be howling if he wasn't.)

It's the fact that you just know that he will have cast it aside once the photographer's 1/125th of a second was finally over.
 
By Boiler
Posts
#637770
It's his mere existence, and that a massive amount of the UK voted him into power that gets my goat.

Maybe we should ban anyone that's been to a public school and/or holds a fucking PPE from Oxford from ever holding power in the UK.
 
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
#637782
I'd insist that anyone holding public office would need to demonstrate real world experience by having worked for X amount of years (unless limited by disability, which is experience of its own). No snobbery, you don't have to have worked down t'pit, running a company would count.

But, media opinion-havers would be specifically barred.
By mattomac
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
#637810
I’d just ban newspaper columnists, seems to be the common denominator with a fair few of them.

Thing is I just thinks it’s too early, people don’t change their minds like that after voting for it, it takes time, it may even take a demographic shift.

The question is not, what are the 38%-40% thinking ,it’s what are the other 60% thinking, really only takes a small shift, can’t see Johnson winning anymore votes and this is probably peak vaccine.

Not to mention I don’t actually think he will be leader in 2023 let alone 2025.
 
By Oblomov
Posts
#637819
Boiler wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:47 am
It's his mere existence, and that a massive amount of the UK voted him into power that gets my goat.
This has been a persistent head-scratcher for me, how he and Trump continue to have mass appeal to so-called Conservatives despite being the only thing that ties them together is the colour of the rosette pinned to their lapel.
By satnav
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
#637828
I had an interesting zoom call earlier for writers wanting to submit jokes and sketches to the new series of NewsJack on Radio 4. When one of the producers was asked about the kind of sketches they were looking for she basically said you had more chance of getting a sketch on the show because we can't be too hard on the government because they 'are having a tough time at the moment.'

I wonder if this is now the general view at the BBC at the moment that they should go easy on Johnson and co. because things are tough. Surely things are tough because of Johnson's incompetence.
 
By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
#637831
"He's doing his best" is what you say about the last six year old in the sprint on Sports Day.

If the fourth estate aren't willing to speak truth to power rather than giving the PM a sympathy cuddle, they aren't much use.
 
By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
#637839
Oblomov wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:54 pm
Boiler wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:47 am
It's his mere existence, and that a massive amount of the UK voted him into power that gets my goat.
This has been a persistent head-scratcher for me, how he and Trump continue to have mass appeal to so-called Conservatives despite being the only thing that ties them together is the colour of the rosette pinned to their lapel.
Because he does everything with a song in his heart and a smile on his lips. We don't do serious anymore - it has to be frivolous and optimistic.
 
By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
#637843
Oh, about that "having a tough time at the moment"...

One in six new universal credit claimants forced to skip meals
Claimants report struggling to pay bills or put any money aside amid coronavirus crisis
Patrick Butler Social policy editor
Fri 19 Feb 2021 00.01 GMT
Last modified on Fri 19 Feb 2021 00.14 GMT


https://www.theguardian.com/society/202 ... eals-covid
 
By Oblomov
Posts
#637848
I'm sure Bozza is just crushed under the weight of his burden as he puts his feet up at Chequers every weekend.
  • 1
  • 565
  • 566
  • 567
  • 568
  • 569
  • 571
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Yes; this is what you voted for. Screenshot_202[…]

Roll Call

I'm surprised how many of those in my circle of […]

The Biden Presidency.

Well, at the moment they're busy moaning that they[…]

"Yebbut everyone was doing it" didn't […]