•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Boiler
So let us say that someone starts a petition to call for the immediate release of the results of Dominic Grieve's report into alleged foreign interference in various polls in the UK in recent years.

Do you think it will have any effect? That people even care about it any more?

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
Because de Piffle and his handlers are so arrogant, they think they, with the help of the likes of The S*n and The M**l, can simply ignore any voice that does not accept every bit of bile and lies that spew out of their mouths; therefore it is essential in a free speech, democracy ( you know, like the one they keep liking to remind us we live in!), that things are challenged and held up for public scutiny

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:02 am
So let us say that someone starts a petition to call for the immediate release of the results of Dominic Grieve's report into alleged foreign interference in various polls in the UK in recent years.

Do you think it will have any effect? That people even care about it any more?
What Corbyn did with the IRA over 30 years ago or how reacted to Salisbury poisoning still shows national security is an issue. But how could Labour make hay on Russian collusion when Corbyn and Milne head the party?

Let’s say this report has serious implications (more than attending parties with Eugene Lebedev who is not in Putin’s orbit) than how does an opposition leader keep it on top of the agenda? MPs being on
message and giving it a plug wherever they can sounds like a good plan. That’s what the Tories do to highlight Corbyn’s woeful record on national security.
lord_kobel liked this
It's a last troll of the decade by the Tories. Politics isn't about what's best for the nation any more, it's now about what is most likely to piss off those who don't share the opinion of those in power.

Toxic nation alert, but not enough of the public give a shit any more, the election result proved it.

Arse biscuits
Abernathy, Boiler liked this

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
On reflection, I would not be at all surprised if Gove's, "I cannot tell a lie, Boris done it", is all part of the plan, along with what appears to be the kind of confected outrage which would cast in a good light most AmDram.

What also fits the narrative of there being "A Plan", however hastily cobbled together and opportunistic, is that Raab has been left to prove himself impotent in the glare of the worst of the pandemic.

Gove is, after all the PM's de facto deputy. I think we can all imagine him, Gove, advising that, no no no, a minister from one of the Great Offices of State should assume the hot seat. A brand new Chancellor, a tainted Home Secretary? A certain Prime Ministerial advisor might have been called upon for his view.

Raab, unable to read anything, from runes to maps of the Pas de Calais, accepted the mantle and found himself in too deep before his own advisors could do anything to prevent that from happening. Hence, the paralysis of the last ten days.

Anyway, what do I know? Just some twat on the internet offering what is no more than a conspiracy theory.
Boiler, Samanfur, Watchman and 2 others liked this
By satnav
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Every time I switch the TV on these days Iain Duncan Smith is being interviewed on the big stories of the day but I can't understand why he is now the go to politician for most news programmes. He was totally useless as the leader of the Tory Party and during his time as Secretary of state at the DWP we saw record numbers of sick and disabled people dying prematurely due to his policies. I really would like to see him introduced one day either as 'failed Tory leader IDS,' or 'Doctor Death.'
Matthew Goodwin

It's also worth noting having read said article th[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Too many 'hate to say I told you so' tweets to c[…]

The Tories, Generally

https://i.postimg.cc/28p36911/El-Fmv-e-Wk-AEn-Edm[…]

Labour, Generally.

Was The Sainted Jeremy ever twenty points ahead?