•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Resurrecting this thread, since we're going to need it:
Nadine Dorries joins Department of Health and Social Care

Controversial MP Nadine Dorries has been made a parliamentary under-secretary of state at the Department of Health and Social Care.

The appointment is likely to put her previous positions on abortions under scrutiny, after the longtime backbencher led calls in 2006 to cut the time limit for abortions from 24 weeks to 21, while more recently she attempted to amend laws and strip abortion providers of their role in counselling women.

She has also proposed introducing compulsory sex education lessons at schools for teenage girls which espoused the benefits of abstinence.

Last year, journalist Yasmin Alibhai-Brown accused the MP for Mid Bedfordshire of racism after she told her to “appreciate just a little the country and the people you have chosen to live, work and benefit from all of your life”.

Dorries has also been criticised for sharing a tweet by Tommy Robinson, and was accused of Islamophobia for suggesting the mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, was responsible for dealing with grooming gangs in Yorkshire.
He'll be asking Mensch to be a SpAd next.

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
Johnson is taking the plss, isn't he. There is no other reason why that spectacularly unintelligent, workshy, racist bitch shoul be made a minister.

Mailtards used to bang on about "broken Britain". Well, they're about to see the reality of that.
Kreuzberger, oboogie, Boiler and 3 others liked this

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
Unfortunately, Boiler old chap, we're *all* going to suffer the realities of it.

I'm putting money on the ones who moan the loudest being the ones who asked for it - those stupid cunts who voted for the twin evils of Brexit and Toryism. Believe me, it will give me no pleasure to point out "You won. Get over it."

Welcome, fellow Mailwatchers, to our new status of collateral damage in the insane cuntocracy which has been unleashed upon this once-decent, fairly liberal country

By Boiler
Cyclist wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:56 pm
Welcome, fellow Mailwatchers, to our new status of collateral damage in the insane cuntocracy which has been unleashed upon this once-decent, fairly liberal country
I hate to keep returning to it (like how we keep having 1940s weekends and events glorifying the Blitz), but was the 2012 Olympic opening ceremony really only seven years ago?

Mind you: it had its detractors, I seem to recall...
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:17 pm
Cyclist wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:56 pm
I hate to keep returning to it (like how we keep having 1940s weekends and events glorifying the Blitz), but was the 2012 Olympic opening ceremony really only seven years ago?

Mind you: it had its detractors, I seem to recall...
Remember the NHS bit in the opening ceremony? A big old 2 fingers to the watching coalition politicians. I wonder if they felt the same level of burn as Trump at Obama's press dinner as the birther theory got trashed, and at that moment swore revenge.
2019 General Election

Well... as far as I am concerned, the election is […]

Is he about 2.60 m tall?

Jeremy Corbyn.

Despite my leanings, not sure I can bear to watch […]

Labour, Generally.

If I was Labour and wanting votes from "liber[…]