•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Arrowhead
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Bloody hell. I’d actually somehow forgotten that Cameron “supports” the same team as me. As if Prince William, Tom Hanks and Nigel Kennedy wasn’t enough.

Still, there’s always Emma Willis to balance things out 8)

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Cameron's not happy with Johnson or Gove.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49690618
David Cameron has accused the current prime minister, Boris Johnson, and Michael Gove of behaving "appallingly" during the EU referendum campaign.

Speaking to the Times ahead of the launch of his memoir, the former PM attacked some Leave-backing colleagues for "trashing the government".

Mr Cameron said the result in 2016 had left him "hugely depressed" and he knew "some people will never forgive me".

He also said another referendum cannot be ruled out "because we're stuck".

The former Tory PM criticised Mr Johnson's strategy for dealing with Brexit, including his decision to suspend Parliament ahead of the 31 October deadline and removing the whip from Tory MPs who voted to block a no-deal Brexit.

But Mr Johnson said the suspension - or prorogation - was a normal action of any new government to let them lay out their new policies in a Queen's Speech, and blocking no-deal would "scupper" his negotiations with the EU.

By Malcolm Armsteen
He reserved his most stinging criticism for his former Tory colleagues Gove and Johnson, who were instrumental in the Vote Leave campaign. He said the pair “left the truth at home,” when it came to the claims they made during the referendum campaign, including the £350m-a-week figure on the side of the Vote Leave bus.

“I loved the explaining and arguing and that side of politics, persuasion, but then, as it went on, I just felt more and more bogged down. It turned into this terrible Tory psychodrama and I couldn’t seem to get through. What Boris and Michael Gove were doing was more exciting than the issues I was trying to get across. I felt like I was in a sort of quagmire by the end,” he said.
“Boris had never argued for leaving the EU, right? Michael was a very strong Eurosceptic, but someone whom I’d known as this liberal, compassionate, rational Conservative ended up making arguments about Turkey [joining] and being swamped and what have you. They were trashing the government of which they were a part, effectively.”

In the interview, Cameron said Gove’s threat of Turkey joining the EU and sparking mass migration was “ridiculous” and accused him of creating a false narrative.

“There was a moment when I think it was Penny Mordaunt said on a Sunday morning show: ‘We have no power to stop Turkey joining the EU’. It’s just not true.”

His friendship with Gove has not recovered and they do not speak regularly.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ver-brexit

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Hamface has known Johnson and Gove for long enough to be perfectly aware of their characters.

He was quite content to appoint them to senior positions them so they could deploy their dark arts against common enemies.

There was no problem with their dissembling until they signed for another team.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
In all honesty, I have been trying to avoid this story because, well, I am tired and just don't have the energy to try to think through the battles which don't directly impact upon me.

That said, on the wireless this morning, I heard it said by one of his former aides that they had been caught out by the depth of latent antipathy that existed towards the EU.

Imagine. Feeding all those stories to their press, hosting all those dinners and strategy meetings with their editors, and setting up the disabled, poor and unemployed for a daily beasting yet they didn't even bother to read the output?

I actually find that conclusion to be a bit of a stretch. More credible is that they, Thatcher's children - the stepper-overers of rough sleepers outside the Royal Opera House, saw the hectares of xenophobic and anti EU coverage and it just didn't register with them as being of any significance.

Hateful, negligent and now wholly to blame for a failing state which is stockpiling body bags.
Boiler, Arrowhead, Malcolm Armsteen and 4 others liked this

By cycloon
Bones McCoy wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:00 pm
Hamface has known Johnson and Gove for long enough to be perfectly aware of their characters.

He was quite content to appoint them to senior positions them so they could deploy their dark arts against common enemies.

There was no problem with their dissembling until they signed for another team.
Quite. Cameron can't cry foul when he's lived off this kind of conceit his entire life.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

That stat about Norfolk would have been a damned s[…]

Labour, Generally.

I'm currently sitting in a composite meeting on […]

Boris Johnson

porking on the public purse Now there's a tu[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

How's Milne operating him in that photo? Liza[…]