Discussion of the UK Government
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
She's just been chucked under a bus by Shiny Dave.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-18315330" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Conservative Party co-chairman Lady Warsi has "questions to answer", Prime Minister David Cameron has said, after allegations she failed to declare a business interest.
Asked by a reporter if the baroness had acted improperly, Mr Cameron said: "I am satisfied that there are questions that have been raised and there are questions which have to be answered. I am satisfied that will happen.

By Malcolm Armsteen
And now Knacker of the Yard is involved.

http://aggbot.com/UK-News-Feeds/article/16993660" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Baroness Warsi, the Conservative chairwoman, has been referred to the police by a Labour MP over allegations that she had made claims for parliamentary expenses she had not incurred.

Karl Turner, Labour MP for Kingston upon Hull East, said: "A criminal offence may therefore have been committed. There are serious questions to answer which is why I have written to the police to ask that an inquiry be undertaken.

By Abernathy
Can't blame Labour for wanting to put the boot into Warsi. She's mounted enough crude attacks on us. Mind you, she is quite spectacularly shite at doing so - which is probably why Cameron seems to be cuttng her loose.

By Malcolm Armsteen
She's the sacrifice to keep the pressure off the human shield who's keeping the heat off of Shiny Dave.
Meanwhile some lobby writers are reporting that Gideon and his chums might have an appointment with the long knives before long.

By davidjay
I'm probably woefully wrong, but I have a slight unease that (I think) the two most senior Tories caught up in something unsavoury have been herself and Lord John Taylor, both of them peers (and therefore a bit more detached from the 'proper' government), one black and the other Asian.

By Malcolm Armsteen
It's really the right-wing Tory pack picking on the outsiders.
I see she's fighting back, and her supporters are claiming that she was an important part of UK-Pakistan relations. Could be true, but doesn't explain a lot of stuff. I still think she's being pushed under the bus as a distraction.

Also I see that Nick Griffin has reported her to the 'bules. Usual BNP, a dollar short and a day late.
Labour, Generally.

Ian Lavery was on TV this evening doing his Plain-[…]

Labour Policies 2019/20

A thread to discuss the several policies which wil[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Well, I suggested taking the batteries out and l[…]

The Today Programme

He already has a Mail column, doesn't he?